Griffon Primary Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon Primary Gasket

My 250 Griffon came to me with no gasket between the outer and inner primary cases just a little silicone instant gasket on there. Is this a typical option? Also does anyone know what threads are in the inner case ( for the screws that hold the outer on).

Thanks,
    John.

Hi John
    Yes silicone gasket jointing compound of s what most folks use.
    I believe the screws are 1/4 in British Standard Cycle thread . others I am sure can confirm
    Cheers Kim
    Last edited by Kim275; 10/02/2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Griffon chaincase screws are 1 BA !! Got mine from Simon at Nametab, Dogsbody

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll get my dad to send some over from the UK

Comment

Primary chain case gasket.

On my 360 challenger chaincase I spent a while facing both parts on plate class with grinding compound. when both faces were an even mat finish they mated up evenly and only required a thin gasket.
          Being old things like this help to pass the time [ Lonnie Donegan's dustman dad]
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
            On my 360 challenger chaincase I spent a while facing both parts on plate class with grinding compound. when both faces were an even mat finish they mated up evenly and only required a thin gasket.
            Being old things like this help to pass the time [ Lonnie Donegan's dustman dad]
            Mike
            Did they still leak afterwards?
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Primary chaincase gasket.

I was perhaps lucky because it did not leak.
              Mike

Comment

Griffon primary gasket

I remember my neighbour who pops in from time telling me that when he worked in the Norton Race Shop in the 1950s every part that had to be replaced quickly never had gaskets at all, and were all faced like you said time consuming maybe, but a smear of grease and straight out again was the order of the day then

Comment

Working...
                X