Crankcase drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crankcase drain

My 360 Challenger came with 2 engines (but only one gearbox).
    The engine in the frame GPB1 290 has the drain plug at about the 7-o-clock position on the side wall of the crankcase, just in front of the gearbox lug behind the magneto.
    The spare engine, GPB1 174 has the drain plug where I would expect it, in the clutch side vertically at the 6-o-clock position lining up with the groove on the inside of the cases.
    Is there a good reason for the plug being relocated?

Hi gribley, not familiar with the positioning of the plug, but once removed, crankcase pressure will push out any excess oil etc, either at 6 or 7 oclock, but best to do it at lunch time......
    Have you thought about becoming a full member...then you can join the bun fight next door....plus other benifits...dave...

Comment

Am I not a full member? I did pay to join GRA

Comment

Very sorry gribley, but that was only the deposit......, no rob the gaffer is out of the country right now & my guess is, he`ll upgrade your status to full, when he returns....or something like that....welcome aboard mate...dave.

Comment

I think I have worked it out. The vertical drain plug would be inacessible due to the low level expansion chamber. I guess Greeves worked this out somewhere between engines 174 and 290

Comment

Yes, welcome to the GRA! I have upgraded you to 'GRA Member' before Mr Higgins gets you to pay twice!

(Well done Dave, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have known!)

Comment

Working...
            X