Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger fuel injecter

Hi,
    having just bought a MX3B from the states, i find it has an interesting fuel injector called a KENDICK 2 cycle performance could anyone shed any light on the instrument

Is it anything like a Wal Phillips Injector?

Comment

From what I can gather it is a pumper carburettor rather than an injector. They were mostly used on karts. I believe Kendick engineering still make them.

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

Kendick pumper carb

Found this on http://www.eurospares.com/greeves.htm
        My first Greeves - the 250 Griffon
        When I was in college back in Albuquerque NM I bought a used 250cc Greeves Griffon that was on consignment at the very small local Greeves dealer. I rode it for a couple of years, selling it when I graduated from college and moved away from home.

The bike was fairly stock. I had the head skimmed a bit by a local machinist to boost the compression (Albuquerque is a mile high), converted the Ceriani forks to air spring (which was all the rage at the time - I can't recall if it made much difference) and replaced the AMAL carb with a Kendick "pumper" carb. Since I didn't increase the carb size it didn't make any noticeable power improvement, but it did make the bike start easier. On a trip to visit some friends in Los Angeles I did get a chance to make a brief stop at Nicholson Motors, and met Nick Nicholson, the US importer - and I still have the Nicholson Motors sweatshirt he gave me.

Comment

Don't quote me on this but I believe the Kendick pumper carbs were made by Walbro Corp. Cass City, Mich. Check the carb body for markings. Kendick's claim to fame was the carb was insensitive to position, the bike would idle just as well sitting upside down in a hole as it would sitting on the side stand. I saw a lot of these carbs on Gem reed cages bolted to Hodaka's in the late 60's.

Link: http://www.walbro.com/default.aspx

: Mike

Comment

Strange carb (injectoe)

Hi all,
            thanks for info, the bike was bought in a seized condition, so i was concerned that the afore mentioned instrument was the culprit, but it seems not so thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X