Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger clutch

Hi everyone,
    got challenger running at last (mx 5 1967 250 ),had go in field went pretty well,bit of hesitation when throttle open about 3/4 would this be main jet needing to be bigger ?
    Also she pulled away fine when cold,starts great when hot but did not pull away again without stalling,don,t think mechanicl,felt like clutch drag ?,if so would this be due to incorrect oil,what do you all use in gearbox and chaincase!!!! or could it be somethingto do with clutch itself?
    appreciate any suggestions,but not like my wifes and buy a honda !!!
    cheers

Carb Tuning

Hitchcocks Motorcycles publish a very good tuning manual for the Amal Mark 1 Concentric. They can also supply any necessary parts.
    John A - 268

Comment

Hitchcocks will also sell you Albion clutch plates and springs which should help with your clutch

Comment

Cheers John and Stormer,great to discover Hitchcocks ,also discovering gearing seems wrong now actually getting it going,still hard to pull away and first gear pulls me all round field,anyone supply sprockets ?
        Seem to have 2 similar threads running,one seemed to go missing,sorry if i repeat myself,great help from people thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X