Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon clutch

Hello - me again, new to Greeves!

I've looked at the clutch and can't for the life of me see how to take it apart. Then - more of a mystery to me at least - where is the clutch actuating arm, and where does the clutch cable go in to the gearbox?

Just a bit of background on the bike - two bikes were bought by two brothers in 1971 - Pete and Nev Mason. Nev was a dab hand at modifying - and went on to be the co founder of Neval Motorcycles, importing and modifying Urals, and Minsk machines. Nev modified both frames to have lay down rear suspension, and - as I believe was the fashion at the time - ground away every other fin on the barrells. The bike I have was Pete's, who sadly died last year. I know he competed around the Humber area and Scarborough, and he had dismantled the bike in 1982 always meaning to rebuild it. I bought the bike from Pete's daughter, selling on behalf of his widow.

My aim is to get the bike back running - and competing again if possible. As you might gather I could be asking quite a lot of questions as the weeks go by!

Cheers,

Tony

PS I have downloaded the form to apply for full membership of the GRA.

Originally posted by Tubster View Post
    Hello - me again, new to Greeves!

I've looked at the clutch and can't for the life of me see how to take it apart. Then - more of a mystery to me at least - where is the clutch actuating arm, and where does the clutch cable go in to the gearbox?

Just a bit of background on the bike - two bikes were bought by two brothers in 1971 - Pete and Nev Mason. Nev was a dab hand at modifying - and went on to be the co founder of Neval Motorcycles, importing and modifying Urals, and Minsk machines. Nev modified both frames to have lay down rear suspension, and - as I believe was the fashion at the time - ground away every other fin on the barrells. The bike I have was Pete's, who sadly died last year. I know he competed around the Humber area and Scarborough, and he had dismantled the bike in 1982 always meaning to rebuild it. I bought the bike from Pete's daughter, selling on behalf of his widow.

My aim is to get the bike back running - and competing again if possible. As you might gather I could be asking quite a lot of questions as the weeks go by!

Cheers,

Tony

PS I have downloaded the form to apply for full membership of the GRA.
    the clutch acuating arm is behind the white bung on the top of the gearbox
    the cable enters from behind the bung

Last edited by greeves246; 02/07/2011, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks - I see it now.

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Working...
      X