X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift key

so its easyer for you to read as your all getting older lol

Comment

156 trials, gary has paid his membership, so he can type as he likes, basic users are guests to the forum, this was discussed in the gra members area, but of course, you won`t have read it.

Comment

member ship

i that right dave i found the leter today from keith bolas 1985 i joined ! been joined up for long time any how john wakefield has been writing in large font and caps (slap a asbo on him) i have 16 greeves adn no home or wife or kids !!!
        just studied greeves all my life its a great club

Comment

Here we go again.....

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
          i that right dave i found the leter today from keith bolas 1985 i joined ! been joined up for long time any how john wakefield has been writing in large font and caps (slap a asbo on him) i have 16 greeves adn no home or wife or kids !!!
          just studied greeves all my life its a great club
          OK Gary, I thought that we'd delt with this already.....

I can assure you and all members of this forum that neither John or yourself will be receiving 'asbo's anytime soon.....Yes, it is a great club and I'm sure that we all intend to keep it that way, don't we...?

However, on behalf of the moderation team (the people that have been duly appointed by the Committee to manage, develop, administrate and moderate the forum on behalf of the GRA) perhaps a timely reminder of the 'Forum Rules of Conduct' may be in order, and before you start saying I'm 'picking on you' or something, I mean for everyone.

Let us be totally clear that these rules apply to ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM, and it is COMPLETELY IRRELEVENT whether the member in question has been a GRA member for 25 years or twenty five minutes, or whether they are a 'Basic User' and, as Dave Higgins correctly points out, in effect a GUEST on here. The rules are there for the benefit of ALL forum members, and to ensure that THIS forum (whatever other people do on their forums is completely up to them) remains a place where like minded Greeves enthusiasts can share information, enjoy a bit of good natured banter between friends, give and receive advice, and above all enjoy the forum in a safe, positive, productive and helpful enviroment. Gentlemen, I would particularly like to draw your attention to 1.), 3.) and 4.) below.....and maybe 2.) as well...

Forum conduct and rules

We ask that all forum users will adhere to a small number of rules and to maintain a reasonable standard of conduct. This is for the benefit of all users, and will ensure that this facility remains useful and friendly.

Frequent breaking of rules may lead to the suspension or termination of your user account - this is to encourage fair usage for all. If you believe that you have been treated unfairly or have any other issue then please contact us; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/sendmessage.php

General forum conduct

1.) No 'obscene' language, personal insults or aggressive arguing.
          2.) Avoid excessive us of 'text talk' abbreviations, e.g. 'ur', 'thnx', 'm8', 'lol', etc.
          3.) Try to be patient if your point is missed or misunderstood.

Posts and threads

4.) Keep threads on topic - start a new one if you have a different question or point to make.
          5.) Keep threads in the correct section - this makes it easier for others to find useful information.
          6.) Where possible search before posting - somebody else may have asked the same question.
          7.) Posting/viewing of classified ads is a priviledge reserved for GRA members, and should be kept in the relevant subforum.

Personally, I feel it's a great shame that I find myself posting all this (not to mention the time it has taken), as the vast majority of members on here continue to conduct themselves within the spirit of these guidlines admirably, and thankfully since the forum was started there have been very few times when a member of the moderation team has had to step in to deal with negative, counterproductive, insulting or offensive to other members, or potentially inflammatory posts which could be detrimental to the good name of the GRA and it's members.

Rest assured though, that we will NOT stand by and see all the hard work, time and effort we have ALL put in to making this forum a success (and mark my words, some of us have put in a CONSIDERABLE amount of time and effort in this regard...) undermined for the sake of a few petty squabbles, oneupmanship, 'nar nar ne narr narr' crap, or disputes like those which sadly seem to errupt all too often on the likes of 'Facebook' and all the rest....

On the contrary, we aim to foster a mutually supportive, productive, informative, positive, light hearted and fun enviroment on this forum for the benefit of Greeves enthusiasts EVERYWHERE, and personally speaking I'm delighted that the majority of members obviously all seem to feel the same way. On behalf of the Committee, members and forum admin team, I would like to personally and publically thank you ALL for your continued support with our efforts with the forum, especially for all your excellent and much valued contributions.

From now on, I hope that if a post or thread is moderated or edited (or more serious action taken), the poster will be under no illusions or misunderstanding as to why it has been done.

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/06/2011, 01:22 AM. Reason: Review and tidy up.

Comment

joke

what did you tell me it was a joke brian ? 9harry hill joke if you ever watch the show
            and you are being nasty and harrasing me
            Last edited by greeves246; 21/06/2011, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
              you are being nasty and harrasing me
              Steady on Gary, Brian is 100% right and has taken time and effort to set out the rules with which most people have no difficulty complying.

Let's draw a line under this please.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

unfair

hes being un fair Colin as you have know me for years i work 12hour shifts bus driving 6 days a week

! im fed up with being sensored as i have worked hard driven 1000s miles to help the club attended every bristol show costing me £300 to attend since 1988 winning best competition bike in show and attended the agms with again a cost of 150 everytime and digs being £80 in fact im toying with leaving the club
                and i can see how the club is now dying

i do wander with my subjects but after all i like greeves am and a out standing ethusiast john has harrised me telling me i must build my bike in a certain way !!
                and i had this as email several time if not 3 times !!!! i had to ban him from emailing me at one point im so stressed im not going to bother posting as all i do is wrong

but we have all talked the talk perhaps sunday we will walk the walk
                i am going to start a page on facebook for greeves people no one will sensor but people can blank eachother self governance as i have a lot of friends in the club and support from other members who say to me "you told them"
                i said no all i wanted to do is help"

with respect to you Colin

sincerly gary

Comment

Right you lot!

My son Ian and I got this forum up and running for the good and benefit of all.

It is here to enable enthusiasts to derive PLEASURE from their HOBBY - note the word HOBBY.

Brian is absolutely right in re-stating the forum rules. These are not just our rules but the generic rules of forums world-wide.

Without them, forums can easily turn to rat sh*t. Sorry to use engineering terms but you know where I am coming from.

So, let's just calm it down and be sensible, cooperative and above all TOLERANT.

I will not have this forum used as a means of abusing each other, picking fights or posting derogatory comments about traders or individuals.

If it continues, I will BAN the individuals concerned. I will add that this will hurt me more than it does you as the last thing I want to see is this happening.

I want us ALL to enjoy our hobby - we are all Greeves enthusiasts and let's not forget that fact.

Rob

Comment

Here Here, Here Here.

Comment

Working...
                    X