• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Works challenger engine

MY WORKS CHALLENGER ENGINE !
    SUFFER SCREWS VISIBLE ALSO BARREL HAS SPIGOTS CUT OUT AS WELL

Gary ,

What makes you say it is a works engine ?.

Is there a frame number and what are the numbers on the gearbox ?.

Chris

Comment

works engine

GPA1A (A) ALSO THERE WERE STUFFERS INSIDE AND THE CRANK WAS MACHINED DOWN PROFESIONALY (WIDTH) AND I HAVE A LETTER FROM YOU ABOUT IT AND A LETTER FROM ANDREW KING ;-) IT,S MX2 IN A MX1 WITH THE LOVELY HJ5 GEARBOX
      IT WAS CATCHING RAIN OFF THE ROOF OF RON EDWARDS SHED !
      AND I HAD A FRAME I WANTED A MX1 SO I BUILT TOGETHER THE MX1 AND HAD THE MX2 ENGINE

POSSIBLY RODGER SNOADS ENGINE ACCORDING TO BRIAN EDWARDS AT THE TIME

Comment

Looks a special piece of kit, bearing in mind this sort of thing has to be very very rare now, what would the value of that motor be in comparison to something standard?

Comment

works engine

I DONT KNOW IT TOOK ME AGES TO WORK OUT IT WAS A WORKS ONE
          THE VALUE I SUPOSE WOULD BE WHAT SOME ONE WOULD BE PREPAIRED TO PAY FOR IT ? INTERESTING THOUGH THE FLYWHEELS ARE MORE LIKE A JAP BIKE THEY ARE MACHIND OFF 3/16 TO A 1/4 AND NEAT SHEET ALLOY STUFFERS WITH COUNTER SUNK SCREWS CENTER PUNCHED ON THE END ARE IN PLACE TO CLAMP THE BEARING RINGS I WILL HAVE TO STRIP IT ONE DAY AND PHOTOGRAPH IT FOR OTHERS TO COPY TO RACE ! WOULD BE INTERESTING TO RIDE IT !

GOT A SPARE BOX ALL NEW GEARS AND CLUTCH AND FOOTREST

Comment

I used to know Ray Snoad quite well, and interestingly enough he would often remove factory works parts and fit his own, which made the motors run better than the factory ones. Might be worth speaking to Roger and asking if he can provide any info on the specific mods, as I have forgotten what Ray told me years ago.

Comment

thanks

i will try to confirm its rogers engine the barrel is heavly modded mind !

Comment

Working...
              X