Anglian gearbox oil volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian gearbox oil volume

Folks, anyone know what volume of oil goes in an Anglian 32A gearbox?....manual says 'fill to level plug'........mine doesn't have a level plug but does have a dipstick. (just want to reduce the messing about element since I've only got a small amount of oil and would like to measure it before I find out that I don't have enough.........if you know what I mean!)
    Ta

Originally posted by David Muir View Post
    Folks, anyone know what volume of oil goes in an Anglian 32A gearbox?....manual says 'fill to level plug'........mine doesn't have a level plug but does have a dipstick. (just want to reduce the messing about element since I've only got a small amount of oil and would like to measure it before I find out that I don't have enough.........if you know what I mean!)
    Ta
    Assuming you have oil in the box & its up to the mark on dipstick just drain it out, & you will see how much you need to refill it.
    If its empty the capacity will only be just over a pint (the twins hold 1.25 pints) then buy a litre of oil which will be more than enough. Its SAE 30 by the way but that's stamped on the filler plug/dipstick.

Comment

Anglian G/box oil volume

Hi, thanks for response. Oil volume out wasn't nearly a pint and similarly , refilling took far less until dipstick mark was reached.........is the dipstick incorrect?? or does it only need a smaller volume? [ bike has run for years , no problems with gearbox etc!]

Comment

Hi David,
        John has summed it all up for you ,Why is there no level plug ? do you mean its welded up ! also a lot of bikes sometimes are missing the level shaft and only have the cap, i don't know if they sometimes fall of or are deliberately removed, i only use the cap so in case of this occurring it will not cause any damage to the gearbox

Comment

Volume

Thanks Dick,
          So long since I've been at the Anglian-forgot that there was a separate level plug(was looking for a combined drain/level plug!).
          Anyway, refilled g/box and dipstick and level plug agreed at approx. 5/8 pint (at most).
          Dave
          Last edited by David Muir; 19/08/2015, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Muir View Post
            Thanks Dick,
            There is only a drain plug-no sign of level tube ever having been there! I'll now drain the gearbox again and measure the 'new' volume!
            Thanks again, D
            Only has a Dipstick/Filler plug (item 52)
            or Drain Plug (item 27)
            The Dipstick is same part number (E9673) for 3*A series & 9E engine/gearbox

Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/08/2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Hi David

I put about 3/4 pint in my 37A Anglian THS.

best wishes

Keith
              Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Working...
              X