Fleetwing front brake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetwing front brake?

Maybe I should put this here .I have a double sided front hub which I think is from a Fleetwing ?anyone have any ideas if it is and if anyone wants it it is for sale .It also has flats on the spindle maybe for the Leading Link forks ?
    Simon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trialrider17; 14/03/2015, 09:34 PM. Reason: add photos

No it isn't. It might be Royal Enfield Constellation - but I'm not certain about that.

The Greeves "Twin Six" brake looks like this.(This picture is in the Book)
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Fleetwing front brake

There were two types of twin hubs , one with two plain hubs and one with an aluminiun cover over the drums making it look full width .

Chris

Colin ,What made me think it was a Greeves was this quote from Chris Goodfellow above and also a photo in your book of a 25D Fleetwing (page 53) also on the forum are photos of the same bike with a close up photo of the front hub which looks the same.I can not find it now on the forum but it is there somewhere.
      Simon

Colin have deleted the other thread
      Last edited by trialrider17; 15/03/2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Simon I think this is the pic you were referring to its in this thread http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...eetwing&page=2

It was fitted to the prototype 349cc RCA machine 325 HEV this pic from C&W Greeves book page 49
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 15/03/2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Fleetwing front brake

Thanks for that John had not seen that one but this photo courtesy of
          Mr Sparrow

Comment

Ouch!

Sorry folks! I took the picture of the Fleetwing and another appears in the book. Showing that brake (just about). Clearly you're quite right, Simon.

Forgot all about it. I'm getting dafter. (Well, I have just bought a Scott...)

IGMC...
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

This is a more recent photo of my Fleetwing special as in the photo above, showing the twin drum front brake:
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X