Trials Banana Spring Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials Banana Spring Units

I am in the process of rebuilding a TGS Anglian and the front units are clapped.

Can anyone suggest the best type of replacement unit that works bearing in mind the damping requirements compared to rear units?

I have had various types recommended only to have them 'de-recommended' a while later by someone else leaving me none the wiser!

Is it all a matter of personal taste or are some replacements not particularly good?

Your views would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/11/2010, 06:20 PM. Reason: post deleted

Comment

Banana Spring Damper units

Rob

I have NJB s front and rear on my Triumph-Greeves. They have served me well and when purchased Norman gave me some good advice as to what to purchase.

In fairness the fronts are getting a bit long in the tooth and I will probably try the Rockshocks next as they are re-buildable, with all parts sold seperately.

If you are fitting new units on the rear give some thought to getting some 1" longer. The differrrence is amazing.

Happy shopping. Perhaps you would impart the de-selected name in a PM

Here to help

Phil

Comment

About flippin' time!!!

That's great news Rob-good for you!

Any chance of posting some pics, work in progress style? Be great to see how it's coming along.

Pike.

Comment

Thanks chaps!

I'll have to look up the originals in my Girling catalogue and see what the standard length and spring rate is. I've got some new Girlings that are about the right length but they are not the same as the originals (which are clapped). I suppose I could try the new dampers with the old springs?

Reference pics Brian, there isn't much work in progress to show at the moment apart from the painted fork parts. I think I may have taken some pics when I built the front wheel. I'll have a look.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X