Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one saved.

Hi All.

Just picked up a rough 36MX4B (USA banana fork) today in pieces. Pretty much complete. Also in the mix was an extra air box and a MX2 desert tank. Price was right, just could not refuse.

Engine is frozen with rust...oh no!, not another one

Kenny Sykes
    USA

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
    Hi All.

Just picked up a rough 36MX4B (USA banana fork) today in pieces. Pretty much complete. Also in the mix was an extra air box and a MX2 desert tank. Price was right, just could not refuse.

Engine is frozen with rust...oh no!, not another one

Kenny Sykes
    USA
    I forgot to attach photo.

Kenny
    Attached Files

Comment

Hiya Kenny!

Have you been busy with that spade again.......have you?!!!

Seriously though, looks really complete, and a real bargain from the sound of it! Congratulations Kenny, a great find! Glad it's found a good home.

Now then, just remember that we're all waiting for part #2 of the Griffon prototype story with eager anticipation, so you're not allowed to start playing with it till that one's all done and ready to fire up!

And if it's any consolation, I'm currently suffering from a frozen right shoulder...ouch! (Wonder if a bit of Castrol R rubbed in might ease it a bit?!)

Good luck with your fantastic new project Kenny, and cheers for showing it to us!

All the best,

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 31/07/2010, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Kenny, that looks like an "interesting" find.

I have this mental picture of it lying out in the desert somewhere among the cacti, maybe with the bleached bones of the last rider beside it...

Anyway, it looks as if you've got most of the major components - what do you reckon, a couple of weeks to restore it?

How's the Griffon prototype getting on?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post

I have this mental picture of it lying out in the desert somewhere among the cacti, maybe with the bleached bones of the last rider beside it...
          Ha ha!-nice one Colin! Exactly!!!

All together lads, after four....

"ba ba ba ba bahh, ba ba ba ba bahhhh.....

On any Sunday, stretchin' up-reachin' high.....
          ......leavin' my mundane world behind,
          I fly my rocket and explode in the sky.....
          .........kick up my heels until I find-I'm-fly-in'...etc! "

The best film ever made about motorcycling, ever...!!! Must have watched it well over thirty times now-might even watch it again later!

The desert racing footage in the film is amazing, especially the 'cavalry charge' start, with the cannon being fired the signal to GOOOOOO!!! ...I beleive 'awesome' is the correct terminolgy! Makes our 'Weston' beach race look a bit tragic doesn't it.....(big repect for the competitors though!)

Plenty of Greeves in the film of course, including the Challenger being ridden by Mert Lawill with the Harley Davidson sticker on the tank (!), in the end 'dunes' play-riding sequence with Steve McQueen and Malcolm Smith. Apparently he had to do it for the movie as he had a Harley dealership at the time....

Wonder if Kenny's new bike is in the film somewhere?....you just never know...!

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 01/08/2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
            Hi Kenny, that looks like an "interesting" find.

Anyway, it looks as if you've got most of the major components - what do you reckon, a couple of weeks to restore it?

How's the Griffon prototype getting on?
            Hi Colin,

I hope all is well! The "bleached bones" will be mine by the time I get to this one!

So many projects...the prototype, a couple ISDT projects and my road bike, plus all the other trials and scramblers I have to maintain to ride...and there there is the house! It never ends!

Kenny

Comment

Working...
            X