To paint or not to paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To paint or not to paint

This is a really silly thing to ask and will probably open the door.
    But - do I paint my Ceriani sliders or not. It seems they might have been painted from original.
    Also the fork yokes appear to have been painted (silver).
    And please - no egg or chicken jokes

I'd shell out for some wheel paint.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      I'd shell out for some wheel paint.....
      Sigh, slump. I knew it. there is always one in the room, eh Brian.
      Just got the frame back from the blasters. Now get it prepped for painting.
      Attached Files

Comment

paint

what paint ? u using ?

Comment

yokes away

i had a new set of yokes from steve and there painted silver so i do frame and forks at the same time

Comment

Nice one Gary!

Only if you can match the shade eggsactly mate....

bRiAn.

Comment

seriously on topic

Steady on Brian....veering dangerously off thread....shirley will bite you!
              Dave, as for your yokes & sliders, i strip mine, polish then leave them, after a while, they go back to dull alloy sheen & stay like it.
              Looks more natural than the original paint i think.....

Comment

Walking on eggshells....again....

Look Dave....as me and Gary know only too well, yer can't paint a Griffon without making a few omlettes....()

Comment

This link is getting fowl again, i will chicken out now before i get egg on my face

Comment

paint

well trust you richard to put all your eggs in one basket !

Comment

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
                      what paint ? u using ?
                      Just went to my local industrial paint store and after the helpful guy showed me hundreds of different shades of silver paint, I settled on one which kind of looked like aluminium. It is a Spies Hecker brand Silver Met MB509. Two parts paint and one-part thinners. The two-pot clear coat is supposed to protect it.
                      Last edited by Dave Smith; 21/03/2016, 03:17 AM.

Comment

As it is fast approaching Easter in Godzone - I guess the yoke is on me
                        But did manage to finish some of the painting during the weekend when the temps hit 30 deg. Not bad for autumn.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                          Steady on Brian....veering dangerously off thread....shirley will bite you!
                          Dave, as for your yokes & sliders, i strip mine, polish then leave them, after a while, they go back to dull alloy sheen & stay like it.
                          Looks more natural than the original paint i think.....
                          Hi Dave, yes I did think about doing the same as you, but there were a lot of linishing marks and dents which would not have come out through polishing, so settled on silver paint.
                          And apologies to Colin Sparrow for painting it silver rather than period black.

Comment

I don't mind, it's your bike! I was just trying to be helpful.

Anyway, I'm off later this morning to pick up my TFS frame and forks from Suffolk Stove Enamellers. Guess what, I asked them to powder coat it all black.

Moorland Black, of course...
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                              I don't mind, it's your bike! I was just trying to be helpful.

Anyway, I'm off later this morning to pick up my TFS frame and forks from Suffolk Stove Enamellers. Guess what, I asked them to powder coat it all black.

Moorland Black, of course...
                              And I am sure it will look loverly.
                              I confess to having bought the paint prior to looking at the thread.
                              Patience is a virtue

Comment

Working...
                              X