No announcement yet.

2t compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you have sorted it Mike, as with these things its usually something simple.
    As I said on the phone, timing is critical due to the flux of the flywheel magnets needing to be at their highest at time of spark. Might be worth getting a new ignition cam as the dwell angle is also critical to allow the build of of energy for the spark. You may have the wrong cam fitted, and to make sure its fitted the right way round with the arrow on the outside showing direction of rotation,

Comment

2T issues

John you are a mine of information. Tried V/S some time ago foe anew cam but they were not very hope full , can you suggest a source? The engine now appears to be four stroking on the L/H cylinder ???

Comment

Ignition cam for 2T

No idea but someone on here must have an ignition cam for a 2T

Comment

Ignition cam 2t.

I bought a cam from Nametab some time ago,give V/S another try now they have taken over Simon's stock. Good luck.

Comment

VS are listing the cams on their web site http://villiersservices.co.uk/index....r60srbrmqjrpo4
            The one for the 2T is M2277/1E

Comment

2T issues

Thank you John once again, I will do that tomorrow. Well I took it to the Queen Square event in Bristol this morning with Maggie on the back got there ok but it was still missing on the l/h pot so I took the flat root home and it went down to one cylinder got real hot did not seize but I think it suffered severe vaporization as even flooding the carb it would not fire on removing the plugs they were both dry so I pushed it home, good exercise!!!

Comment

Working...
              X