Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings, Greeves Girl!

Hiya Tammy,

Seasons Greetings, and a happy New Year. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and that you, Dave and the family are all good.

Great to see you posting, and thanks for chippin' in with your ever growing collection of cool bikes here.

Also great to see your neice getting a feel for it all. Get her a little XR75 when she's big enough...she'll love it!!! (And you can ride it too, of course!) They are so cute, those little bikes, and great fun! You'll want one to put over the fireplace as an ornament (just don't tell Ellie!)

Well done on getting the XR200 finished as well, looks great! Really pleased to hear that you're having so much fun on it, and you have the satisfaction of having done it yourself!! Go girl!!! Respect.

Brian T.

Comment

The latest addition

The latest addition to the shed is not a Greeves but a very nice 1963 Dot Demon.

In good condition, and running, but very noisy with the original megaphone.
      Attached Files

Comment

Dot demon

That takes me back 1968 had one but could not afford the proper engine so used an 8E and was for ever chasing the flywheel down the road happy days!

Comment

Scott Flying Squirrel

It's finished!

Just finished "recommissioning" my 1930 Squirrel. I had to repaint the tank because it had to go to bare metal for repair, but I've tried to leave everything else pretty much unrestored (but clean).

My, does it go well for an old' un. Stopping is another matter though...
          Attached Files
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

scott

There's definitely no accounting for taste once you have 2/s oil in the blood there is no cure.I can vouch for the quality of the brakes thats why I sold my 500 2 speeder it was frightening and as one old scott OC member remarked you use alot of shoe leather with them! Hope you know a good cobbler, all the best!!!

Comment

Great looking bike Colin.

Even has my name on the tank.....

Comment

Nice one, mate! Lol and all that.

You'd better get one, they're great.

And different..!
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Bikes other than Geeves

My new toy original unrestored 1983 Yamaha IT175 only 553 miles .Well it is nearly a shade of Moorland Blue and a twostroke , now I can get out on those lanes in Somerset and its a lot lighter than a Yam TDR Dicky : :
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Simon, i see you have now freed up workshop space! what a steel , now get out there and use it , just right for your neck of the woods.
                    The Yam was a TDM 850 Road bike not intentionally to use on the grass! only if i run out of road, I now have the Team Bean Enfield fettled by our Chairman ready for the Talmag , it now has a rear brake that is more than a cosmetic accessory !and will stop rear wheel rotation, he is thinking of getting an mot , so that i hope will see some distance road and off road use

Comment

Here goes my other bikes

My latest project for my son, hopefully he likes motorbikes
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by griffon380; 28/11/2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Old Montesa
                        Older Cub
                        Forest in Whiltshire
                        Attached Files

Comment

My two lovely road bikes. opposite ends of the scale
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nasty little RM125 A
                            Attached Files

Comment

Latest project
                              Attached Files

Comment

First bike when I was nine years old. Not the one but same model. Took a long time to find one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X