Export 20DC Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export 20DC Roadster

I have a 1961 20DC Roadster which is believed to be an export model.It is painted green,but this appears original.ie hubs painted before wheels built.Could it have a military purpose?Has anyone any ideas on this?
    I have some pics which can email, sorry new member not sure how to add pics.

What is the frame number & registration number. A number of 20DC's were supplied to 'commercial' users, for example the Essex Water Company had some for meter readers. I would think it is unlikely to have been an exported bike.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/03/2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that John.Frame no. is 20 DC 120 but not registered.Peter Smith
      says it is from a batch of 11 bikes not shown in uk dispatch record,and so
      probably for export.I was told it came back from South Africa.

Comment

20dc

If thats the case then no further info is available as the club have no export records. To get it licenced (assuming you are resident in the UK, you don't say in your Profile) you will need a dating certificate from Druid or Peter Smith then apply to DVLA for an age related number. It will be free tax once age is proved by dating cert, but DVLA charge a £55 registration fee https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registrat...istrations-fee
        By the way if you have joined the GRA drop Rob an email & ask to be up graded to full member, it gives you the access to upload photos & more.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/03/2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

20DC Greeves

I have two 20DC Greeves roadsters that came from Rhodesia.
          The frame numbers are very close (one within 8 numbers) of the bike mentioned.

Now in Australia and under restoration.

Comment

20dc roadster

Thats very interesting.Mine has a faded sticker stating sold by Asharts Motorcycles Salisbury.Mine came from Rhodesia too.Is yours painted green?
            The sticker is over the green paint which would suggest it was the original colour. Chris

Comment

20 DC Greeves

Mine are both now blue, but appear to have been repainted.
              I will have a good look at my pair, and try to ascertain if there is an underneath colour.

Comment

20DC Greeves

I have thoroughly checked my two Roadsters, and can find no evidence of Green having been the original, or subsequent color.

Definately Blue machines.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                X