Griffon Enduro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon Enduro

I have just got a Griffon Enduro, notice the folded in head lamp brackets, large tank and large side panel - 60 N 1**.
    For me it is the next one in the Greeves trail style starting with the TFS Trail, 24TJSC American Anglian, the Ranger and now the Griffon Enduro.

Last edited by tony; 13/12/2017, 11:50 PM.

Very nice Tony.

Do you have any plans as to a rebuild?

Comment

Griffon Enduro

Tony
      The parts book you need is for the 60N not the standard model 60. There aren't many differences, I presume this is a US import, so there will be items fitted or changed that were dictated by that market.
      I think I've got a parts book for that model, drop me a pm with your address and I'll copy it.

Druid

Comment

Not yet Phil, just excited to get an early Christmas present. It won't be here until end of February/March so in the meantime I will try and get a few of the missing bits.

Thanks John pm sent.

Comment

Do you fancy having a little ride in Portugal in Autumn 2019?

Comment

Looks good Tony,
            I am in the process of rebuilding your "old" QUB flat tracker into an Enduro. I might ask for a few detailed photos of the differences between the scrambler and enduro models when the bike lands.

Comment

No pressure then Brian

Glad the rebuild is going well Craig, I will take lots of photos and notes before doing any work on it. I don't think it will be quite as quick as a QUB enduro

Comment

[QUOTE=tony;37185]I have just got a Griffon Enduro, notice the folded in head lamp brackets, large tank and large side panel - 60 N 1**.
                For me it is the next one in the Greeves trail style starting with the TFS Trail, 24TJSC American Anglian, the Ranger and now the Griffon Enduro.

Tony,

Advert from east coast distributor Jeckel Industries. Being yours is such a low number, this one pictured could be yours! Early 250 models came with the superior Ceriani forks while most west coast models through Nicholson Motors came with Metal Profile forks. The versions with Metal Profiles turned like a slug but tracked well across the desert.

Kenny
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the information Kenny, if the numbering is correct then it was the third one produced.

Comment

Why a dual seat?

What is puzzling me is why did they put a dual seat on enduro and with no pillion footrest provision?
                    If you had a pillion the only support they would have is an aluminium mudguard and a thin (missing) mudguard stay.

I reckon a shorter seat and a Ranger rack would look good👍

Comment

That is not the original seat for a Griffon Enduro, so your comment on pillion footrests is a bit off-beam. They were sold mainly in USA for desert racing and enduro use, never as a Trail bike, although I expect many were used as such. Your future use will obviously decide on what seat and accessories you will fit. The engine is (should be) in a much higher tune than a Ranger or any of the others mentioned.

Comment

All the pictures I have seen show a large seat. The Jeckel literature quite clearly show thats. Are we talking about the same bike?

Comment

Griffon

Looks like the correct seat to me but I am no greeves exspert

Comment

That looks like a great bike you have there Tony. Can't be many of those left. Well done for finding and saving it. Looks like something like me with my short legs could ride too lol . Anymore around??

Comment

I'm not sure but I think most of them were ribbed, but that does look similar! I expect that the seats were allocated as per what was available, or swapped to rider's choice. If that seat suits your need, then use it. First build models sometimes varied from the later delivered bikes in small details.

Comment

Working...
                              X