X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
    Hi Brian,

Ouch! Sounds nasty.
    Have you been doing too many windmills (Pete Townsend style) on the guitar??!!!

Hope the injections work.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Hi Andy,

Yes, it certainly is....! Thanks for your concern mate.

Maybe not the windmills though (I'm more of a Jeff Beck man myself), but it could certainly be music related, as the doctor has told me not to read any more jazz mags...

I hope the injections work too. Then perhaps they will be able to get on and start treating my shoulder...!

Brian.

Comment

Good question, Chris. I would like to know that, too. Don't think we're related, but you never know...............

oldoriginal?

Comment

John ,

In my old Wakes Colne International meeting programme of 1967 he is down as Paddock Marshal for the Invitation races .

Saw the name and thought he must be related to you but it seems not .

Chris

Comment

I retired from my first stint of Eastern Centre scrambling in 1967. Perhaps he thought he would take over from where I was leaving off, and carry on the "good name"?

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
            Hi Brian and Chris.

Sorry to hear of your health problems.

All I seem to suffer is miserable-old-git syndrome, hoping that others may make allowances................

Take care, all.

Jonah
            Hi John,

Thanks for that mate.

If it's any consolation, I have never thought of you as being miserable....!

Just picked up your PM-my reply is on the way.

Brian.

Comment

Greeves Grasstrack and Speedway Bikes.

Originally posted by cray View Post
              A stadium full of screaming 2 strokes would have raised a few eyebrows I reckon

Colin
              Hi Colin,

(In a half-baked attempt to get this thread back on topic...!)

At least the smells would have been familiar.....!

Everyone say RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Brian.

Comment

greeves chat line.

Sorry for butting in on this chat line lads.., brian, when i was a small boy, i to suffered from this rotating cuff syndrome, it tormented me for years!, in the end, my mum sewn them to my gloves! worked a treat....

Comment

Greeves Grasstrack and Speedwa....oh what the heck-I GIVE IN!!!

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                  Sorry for butting in on this chat line lads.., brian, when i was a small boy, i to suffered from this rotating cuff syndrome, it tormented me for years!, in the end, my mum sewn them to my gloves! worked a treat....
                  Yes Dave, thank you very much for that advice. No, really. I mean it.

Your story reminds me a bit of my first pair of wellies....they fitted great, but the string holding them together was too short..... They had another pair with longer string, but they were too big for me. In the end I had to make do with soggy plimsoles...

Thank you also for your attempt to undermine my valiant effort to get this thread back on topic. It has meant another lengthy trawl through the 'Thompson Archives' to find more pics of Greeves Grasstrack and Speedway bikes, and they 'aint easy to find you know.

It took ages.

They are quite rare.

........I just hope you're pleased with yourself.

I saw this one advertised on eBay ages ago. Did anyone on here buy it I wonder...? (Sorry about the first pic chaps, it just kinda slipped in there by accident...)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice looking piece of kit!, though i have to say, i don`t recognise this particular bike!, prehaps, its because she still has her curlers in? , ok i`ll get me coat? dave.

Comment

Greeves Chat Line....

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                      Nice looking piece of kit!, though i have to say, i don`t recognise this particular bike!, prehaps, its because she still has her curlers in? , ok i`ll get me coat? dave.
                      Does this help your memory at all Dave....?!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting bike Brian , had a BSA gearbox conversion done on it .

A a speedway aside , after the Hadleigh scramble , ( Essex) , in the early sixties , the scramblers were invited to hold races at Rayleigh Speedway Stadium , I can remeber seeing Dave Bickes and others flying round , even had races against speedway bikes .

Chris

Comment

Green Grasstracker.

Hi Chris, and thanks very much indeed for your assistance with Mr Higgins' attempts at hijacking our nice thread. I dunno, what's he like eh, having fun and everything....

I'm glad you spotted the BSA gearbox, I was hoping someone would mention it. I read an interesting article in 'LL' once about the conversion, in that instance on a Challenger. I understand it was quite a popular mod at one time?

Yes, an interesting project that grasstracker, and it sold quite cheap as I remember. So, does anyone on here know where it ended up? Did it get built? Is it still green?

Cool story about the scrambles lads being let loose round a speedway track! If only we could still do things like that now eh.....

Brian.
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/06/2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Greeves on the Grass

Hi
                            Have just read this thread regarding Greeves Grass Bikes.
                            When I was riding in the Southern Centre in the late 60's to early 70's Dave Palmer, who was a Greeves Dealer from Teddington rode a Griffon engined bike for a while, in a Hagon I think.

regards

Stuart

Comment

Days were when you could race a bog-standard Hawkstone competitively against the grass bikes, a handy diversion when (rarely) there wasn't a scramble running that weekend.
                              I remember, too, fitting one of Dave Palmer's special mufflers in place of the open megga when rules first came out about over-loud two stroke exhausts.
                              John R

Comment

Dave's silencers were very good at taming the noise, has anyone got one laying around spare?

Comment

Working...
                                X