No announcement yet.

Bryan Wade Pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone verify the frame numbers of the Works MX4's and who they were allocated to including Bryan Wade's?

Comment

bryan is looking for photos to go in his book
      Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
      Here's a few Bryan Wade pics I dug out to post. On the first he is shown riding a Griffon during his reign as British 250cc Scrambles Champion, and the second is from a meeting in the USA, demonstrating his trademark 'wildman' style! This is very much in evidence in the third pic too, taken during a testing session for the early Griffons.

As always, if any viewers can offer any further background or information regarding these pics, it would be marvellous to hear more about them!

Hope everyone enjoys seeing them.

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by greeves246 View Post
        bryan is looking for photos to go in his book
        We have a few in the archive, if he'd like to contact me. All black and white, though.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Works Machines

If you are working on the process of elimination I have WM12 which went to Alec Wright, however it is not a solo machine.

Rob.

Comment

Brian Wade Pic.

Here's another one to be going on with folks....

Twanger.
            Attached Files

Comment

awesome photo of a legend

Great pic Twanger I hope that one makes the book.
              I love the expression on the wild mans face !
              Cheers Kim

Comment

Bryan Wade pics

Looking through my archives, found this.. BW International Moto-Cross Grand Prix Doddington 1968.

Comment

Bryan Wade pic

Ooops! Need to append the pic..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another Bryan Wade Pic.

I was scanning some other bits and bobs today and as this was to hand I thought I'd add it to the collection here.

Andrew King kindly published it in 'LL' #18 (August 1987) for Kenny Sykes (Bearingman) - see caption, with additional details, scanned seperately in pic 2 - and I'm sure it will be appreciated by all the many BW fans on here as well.

Brian.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Any other colour photo's of Bryan Wade on MX4's anyone?

Comment

More Bryan Wade pics, by popular demand!

So....what's the 'magic word' then Mr G.....?!

Here's a couple more for the collection then, black and white maybe, but still cracking pics.

Pic 1 attached below and it's caption (pic 2, scanned seperately for clarity reasons etc) were published on the front cover of 'LL' #21, thanks yet again to Andrew King. Incidently, the Chris Goodfellow 'Comp Shop' article mentioned in the caption can be found here by the way - see posts #12 and #13; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...3530#post23530

Similarly, Pic 3 appeared on the front cover of 'LL' #52. I have no other details for this one, other than I have seen it used elsewhere to promote Greeves, including a 'Motorcycle Mechanics' magazine article. (See this thread, post #3 - pic 1; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4858)

Hope everyone enjoys them as much as me! Legend is bang on when applied to Bryan Wade, in my humble opinion.

Brian.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/03/2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

More Bryan Wade stuff...

Bryan Wade fans might like to have a look at this thread as well, in particular post #13 onwards. http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...3590#post23590

Alao this thread, posts #47 and 48 here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...?t=1444&page=5

Brian.
                          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 11/03/2015, 10:03 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Bryan Wades first job

When Bryan left school and was scrambling only as a weekend hobby, my dad took him on as motorcycle salesman/dogsbody at White Brothers in Darlington. This was the largest motorcycle shop in the area.

Comment

Working...
                            X