This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryan Wade Graphics.

Just knocked these up today for another thread/topic, so thought I'd add them to my thread here as well.

They are both based on existing images (see pics 3 and 4, attched below), with some jigery-pokery applied using 'Paint' software. As they are a work in progress I may well replace them with more finished/improved versions involving additional pen and ink work later....

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/03/2015, 02:52 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Another Bryan Wade Graphic.

Here's another one I've just done. It's a work in progress, again, but thought I'd post the results so far.

It's a reworking of a photo, in 'traditional' Greeves style (see earlier 'factory' examples on this thread) and is a technique I've used before to create a similar effect (see post #34.)

The pics show the progression from original photo, through the masked and half-tone conversion, to the final image (pic 4.)

I may well do further work on it with pen and ink to tidy it up a bit, but it's heading in the right direction and all the hard work is done now, which is 'dropping out'/masking the part you want from the main image.

(Once you've looked at all the pics, with the last one still open and with your cursor position over the tab at the bottom, try clicking 'next' continuosly...it'll flick through them almost like an 'animation' and it shows the process/differences between imges really well. )

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/03/2015, 09:41 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

awesome work !

Nice one Thommo - great images! thanks for cheering up us Griffon boys !
        Cheers Kim

Comment

Bryan Wade Graphics.

Glad you like it Kim.

You're spoilt for choice on Bryan Wade t-shirt designs now....

(See post #25 for latest, with this new image on the front and the 'jump' image on the back, as per your excellent suggestion, here; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...3634#post23634)

Oh well, might be something to help with club funds, if there's enough interest.

Brian.
          Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/03/2015, 09:48 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

looks easy...but its not

Superb! Brian, we gotta get some of these made up!..... thanks for your time & considerable effort, putting these on display.
            Prehaps you ought to recieve a commission, to design a gra mx race shirt, i`d be interested in a few....

Comment

Bryan Wade Graphics etc.

Thanks Dave, and really pleased that you like 'em.

Cheers for appreciating the time and effort that goes into creating them too...

In the meantime, if they start showing up on eBay, at least we'll know where they got nicked from.....

Commission....what's that....?

Brian.

Comment

Prehaps you could give us a few tips on how you do this...in laymans terms on how its done......
                As for selling them on ebay...if they don`t make the money...we could cut em up & sell as rags.......
                Last edited by dave higgins; 10/03/2015, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Fridge Magnet Magnates.....

See post #34 of this thread mate, for a 'how to'.......

As for 'Greeves Memorabilia' being sold on eBay......I wouldn't be at all suprised to see one of these pics show up on a fridge magnet one day, or similar.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greeves-Mo...-/170710131907

If it ever happens, I'll suppose I'll just have to get over it.....

Brian.

Comment

1960 24MCS 'Motor Cross Special'.

I've just been digging out some info and pics on the superb Greeves 24MCS/MDS Motor Cross Special models to assist a new member with their research and remembered this beautiful illustration I have in my files. As such I thought I would revisit my old thread to add it to the collection.....can't believe I didn't do it a long time ago, but hey, better late than never eh...! After all, it's only been eight years since I last posted something to this thread.....In the meantime it's had 6,352 views and 9 members posted a response....wow.

The artist is Ted Hardy and what a stunning job he did in pen and ink. It appeared on the back cover of Deryk Wylde's excellent 'Off-Road Review' (issue 18, New Year edition 1995) now long out of print of course. If anyone out there ever comes across any old back issues of this brilliant publication whilst trawling through boxes of old magazines at auto jumbles, I would heartily recommend snapping them up. Fantastic content from the classic off-road era and excellent photography, with great coverage of contemporary events. Highly recommended.

Hope everyone enjoys seeing this fantastic work, and for anyone new to this thread or revisiting it, please consider posting a comment, viewpoint or opinion on any of the images collected here. It's great when people engage instead of just looking and moving on....it's what makes the forum worthwhile in my humble opinion and encourages new content and contributors which benefits everyone.

Brian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1960 Greeves 24MCS.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	424.3 KB
ID:	96552
                    Attached Files

Comment

Deryk is still extremely active in publishing books and photos in his 'Nostalgia Bookshop' and especially busy with his Facebook page:

Comment

Hi Andy,

I thought that was the case from what I'd heard and thanks for the additional information. His books are great aren't they!

Brian.

Comment

Yes- this is a free sample from his latest Greeves book:

Comment

Great book that one, and was long out of print and highly sought after if I remember right...fantastic photos and info.

You could post that link in 'Books and Publications' Andy and it might make for some interesting additional discussion. That way I can try and keep my thread on 'Greeves Art'! Not that I mind the slight digression at all, but some engagement on THIS topic would also be nice!

With that in mind, here's a re-post from post 1 of this thread of my reworked artwork of Dave Bickers on his 24MDS Motor Cross Special from the Greeves Factory Catalogue, to go with my previous post of Ted Hardy's superb 24MCS artwork.

Brian. Click image for larger version  Name:	Dave Bickers 24MDS Artwork From Greeves Factory Catalogue..jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	96583
                            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 21/11/2023, 03:10 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

Great book, both, and fabulous artwork, thanks Brian. I recently bought two copies of the book which I understood to be a new publication. Presented one copy to my late friend just before his untimely departure, as an acknowledgement of his generous encouragement to me on my return to the two-wheeled sport of my youth!. So pleased that I managed to get that in "in time". Just hope he enjoyed the read ......... RIP Dave H.
                              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 21/11/2023, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting Brian, as one who is dragged around art galleries to look at ‘splashes of paint’ it is nice to look at real art that I can relate to.

Comment

Working...
                                X