Photo of your first Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of your first Greeves

Sorting through some old photos I came across a picture of my first Greeves and mum a 1959 25DB I brought in 1966 when I was sixteen .The photo is the only one I have of this bike cannot remember reg number .When I was looking for a Greeves road bike a mate and I went to Oxford and I think it was Avery's and asked if they had any for sale but they didn't ,as we walked out of shop a chap had over heard that I wanted a Greeves and said he had one he wanted to sell.So of we went to his house in Summer Town Oxford and deal was done for £50.00.I had bike for about 4years unfortunately the chap I sold it to had a car pull out of a side turning and wrote bike off.
    So any photos out there of your first Greeves
    Mum is still about she will be 99 this year.
    Simon
    Attached Files

£50 will only just about buy a new tyre these days. Sad the bike got written off, hope the rider did not get written off as well.

Comment

Can`t help you with a greeves simon, but can put up a pic of my first mum.....

Comment

That will do Dave

Comment

First Greeves

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
          Sorting through some old photos I came across a picture of my first Greeves and mum a 1959 25DB I brought in 1966 when I was sixteen .The photo is the only one I have of this bike cannot remember reg number .When I was looking for a Greeves road bike a mate and I went to Oxford and I think it was Avery's and asked if they had any for sale but they didn't ,as we walked out of shop a chap had over heard that I wanted a Greeves and said he had one he wanted to sell.So of we went to his house in Summer Town Oxford and deal was done for £50.00.I had bike for about 4years unfortunately the chap I sold it to had a car pull out of a side turning and wrote bike off.
          So any photos out there of your first Greeves
          Mum is still about she will be 99 this year.
          Simon
          Wow Simon, that's an awesome story. I was still 3 years away from being born in 1959 but my first Greeves is in fact a 1959 24SAS scrambler which I picked up on Christmas Eve. I have always wanted a Greeves and was particularly taken in by the leading link suspension but I have never had the funds to buy one, until now. My grandson Jack and I are in the process of sorting it out at the moment but a picture tells a thousand words.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X