Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid on the block

Hi,

just joined the club following the purchase of a '59 Hawkstone 250 (59/1713) which was completely stripped down.

I intend to restore this bike with my grandson and hopefully do some club riding when we get it sorted out.

We live in St Ives CAMBS so hopefully will be able to get together with other members in the area for advice and dare I say it, encouragement.

Regards

Carl Torcetti

Welcome aboard Carl. I see you bought the bike from John Halfpenny of Landbeach, he is a member of the 'Dabbers Club'. (Dont think he is a GRA member though)
    There are a number of Greeves owners in the Cambs area but most like myself are road bike owners. If you need advice on scrambles bikes like the Hawkstone your best local member would be Pete Hammond of Cambridge. He was a good scramble rider himself & worked in the motorcycle trade all his life, including back in the day, with Greeves dealer Claude Scott. Pete is on the forum under his own name http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/member.php?u=57 so you could PM him
    This would be your bike, quite a jigsaw puzzle (pic from eBay)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 07/01/2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks John

Thanks for the welcome and for the info.
      yep, that's the bike, a bit daunting but life wasn't meant to be easy (apparently)

Comment

Welcome aboard, Carl. You'd be made very welcome too in the Pre 65 MX Club if you fancied riding in our classic scrambles, especially on a Hawkstone in Dave Harper's Greeves Championship series.

Comment

Wow. looks even worse than my Griffon! only took me 17 years to pluck up enough courage to start the restoration, but almost there now. this is certainly the place for help. Good luck.
          SW

Comment

I would like to welcome all the latest members now posting on the Forum on behalf of the Committee , lots of enthusiastic dialog to keep the regulars on there toes !! is what this Forum is all about

Comment

Welcome

Hi Carl..

Welcome to the fold..

Regards

Scott Chappell

Comment

Working...
              X