Brooklands next Sunday July 2nd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklands next Sunday July 2nd.

Next Sunday is Motorcycle Day at Brooklands, I will be there with my 1958 Greeves Scottish. Are there any other members going? If you are there please sort me out for a chat.

John Burch
    New member only joined last year. I did in the 1950/1960s ride a Greeves in South Eastern Centre trials but it was always borowed from Comerfords.

John, you need to ask for an upgrade to GRA status on the Forum. It will get you into the members only areas. As for July 2nd, I think some of us are going to meet at Battlesbridge, but I have seen nothing on here about it????...UPDATE>>>>
    I should have scrolled down further! There is a Greeves presence, but no Pre-65 demo, so static display only.
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 26/06/2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Rob is away i think as i am unable to contact him either, he has a lot on his plate at the moment with his personal situation to deal with , illness in the family.

Anyone who may be going to Brooklands have a good time, i may be there at Battlesbridge but i am having an operation tomorrow, so will se how things work out. cheers all Dicky

Comment

Dick - I'm on holidaay in the Forest of Dean. I've just discovered I'm less than a mike from the pub where the West Glocs & Forest of Dean MCC meet - they run the Wyegate trial.

Anyway, i'm off to Battlesbridge as Dave really needs support plus we need to take the Roving Regalia and stand equip. It's a shame the event clashes with this one.

Get a leave pass and come to Battlesbridge, the vasectomy will have worn off by then! You night even get a sweet if your'e good!

Comment

If the Brooklands event is as badly organised as the Classic Bus Day in April I would give it a miss. Loads of high vis jacketed little Hitlers controlling entry. Tried to divert our bus into public car park as they thought it did not constitute being a classic bus or coach and should not park up in the display area despite it being booked in. We had to get off and walk to the Brooklands entrance to pay rather than go in as a party. This place has a lot going for it but I am afraid the events are handled by morons.
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 28/06/2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Rob, i was not sure on when you were going for sure ! but as no one at your GHQ answers thought it must be this week, trust you are all ok.
            Had that chop 48 years ago, been into Hospital today and have been told i will need operation on Friday or Saturday so Battles bridge is off for meet Mate will speak later, Maximas.

Comment

Originally posted by SILVER View Post
              Next Sunday is Motorcycle Day at Brooklands, I will be there with my 1958 Greeves Scottish. Are there any other members going? If you are there please sort me out for a chat.

John Burch
              New member only joined last year. I did in the 1950/1960s ride a Greeves in South Eastern Centre trials but it was always borowed from Comerfords.
              hi ive got a 1962 Scottish and live near Brooklands can I come ?martin palmer

Comment

Brooklands..

Yes you certainly can come & would be pleased to meet you. Silver Burch.

Comment

As I only live 3 miles from Brooklands it would be rude not to! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X