Period Leather pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Period Leather pants

I've always felt that a major part of classic scrambling is presentation - looking the part as well as going as fast as you deem prudent. For the last couple of years, I've gone halfway, with open face helmet & jofa, football jersey, and as plain black a pair of modern boots as I could find. I have always felt my Yamaha blue/white synthetic pants didn't cut it. So when I come over this year, I hope to suss out a more classic pair of leather pants. As my focus is much more towards pre60 & 65 these days, I would even lean towards a bib&braces outfit. Any suggestions as to where? Bear in mind my delicate size 40 waistline!
    Cheers, Mike

New Pants

Hey, as you write "when I come over" I`m guessing you are State Side ?
    Just to save you any enbarressment, when shopping for your new kit try asking for trousers, (as opposed to leather Bib and Brace Pants)or you may end up with a pair of German Lederhosen,
    great for down the pub on a Friday night in Frankfurt, however Sunday afternon at a pre 65 meeting, you may be left feeling some what exposed !
    Different Countries different meanings, enjoy the shopping, and don`t
    worry about the 40 inches, there are a few of us with more !!

Comment

You could contact Adrian Walker at Spinning Wheel Classics and ask him to find you some if you dont mind paying dealer prices. See www.spinning-wheel.net.

Keith
      Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Sorry, Sprocket. I may have been born in the USA, but I've lived in Australia for many years. I went to the championship round at Pontrilas in 2011, and noticed riders wearing leather old style trousers. I wondered if any local firms still produced them to order. I've got my original pair in reasonable condition, but I've lost that slim, athletic figure I once had.
        Cheers, Mike

Comment

Is there anyone out there who has a leather maker who still can make up a pair of leathers in the classic style. No one at home even tries - not enough demand.
          I'll be in the UK for 3 mths from end May, and would very much like to have a set measured up while I'm in the area.
          Mike

Comment

period leather pants

I don't know about leather but a few years ago I got some all black modern style moto cross pants, no colour anywhere, modern protection, waterproof and comfortable, I used them for trail riding, a few offs and no problems.

I seem to remember I got them from Alec/Alan Wright, the chap who runs the Telford Show?

Not a bad alternative if leather not available.

Comment

That would be Alan Wright. Alec is no longer. I still have my leather jeans, but they seem to have shrunk somewhat!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                I still have my leather jeans, but they seem to have shrunk somewhat!
                Strange how they do that, isn't it?
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

I`ve had three jackets suffer the same fate, apparently!, its because the air is less humid in a wardobe....

Comment

period leather pants

I can still do them up, It's just that I can't hold my breath for very long afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                    X