Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Kit' Off-Road Bikes of the 60's and 70's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty bike.

Nice looking bike, except for me, the tank does not flow with the rest of the bike...but thats only my opinion...

Comment

Going waaaay back to one of Dave's comments earlier in this thread:

I have never seen anything like that at a scramble, & hope i never do, as its more likely the fellow riders will deal with the transgressor first & the organisers can have whats left....

We had a bit of this naughty behaviour from a couple of 'expert' riders at the Brighton Scramble in the 80's and responded by not running experts for the next 3 years.

Instead, I instigated a Pre-65 'Demo' which resulted in lots of smiley faces from both riders and spectators alike. I was even moved to race my Royal Enfield trials bike and dicing with the Secretary of the Meeting (a co-conspirator and the one who had been abused) on an ancient Ariel, we both nearly fell off laughing!

Comment

What he said...

Now that's the way to do it Rob!!!

Besides....any 'assle and don't forget you can always count on the 'GRA Special Farces Unit' to deal wiv 'em.....!!

And if me and Maximus can't hold the line, just unleash Higgo*...!!

(Rob even made us our own 'special' sign for when he took this photo. )

(*Now you all know why I always take DH with me when I'm shopping for Greeves bits....amazing the discount you can get..!! )

Brian T.

PS Mr Pink, sir! If you are reading this, I hope it raises a chuckle and that all is well with you. May I wish you a hearty seasons greetings, and hope to catch up with you again in 2014. All the very best to you and yours mate
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/12/2013, 09:50 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Brian
          Dave P. does not view the forum (no computor) but I will pass on your regards at next Cambridge meeting.
          Dave was telling me recently that Greeves autojumble is becomming difficult to source these days & he is looking for other (non Greeves) bits to stock his stall.

Comment

Nasty incidents at pre 65 meetings.

Unfortunately I have witnessed 3 or 4 fights at pre 65 scrambles meetings and each time the same short chap was involved. He was banned for a while and the last time I heard he was a sidecar passenger and not solo.
            His riding was aggressive and he took out others from behind then got up and started punching the person he took out another time he waited for another rider to get into the runoff area and started punching him.
            Unfortunately he was able to get his licence back through a club who did not know of his history.
            As has been said the camaraderie at pre 65 meetings is wonderful and I have missed the Saturday nights and Sundays for the last 2 years but hope and want to get well and rejoin the back of the field next year.
            John Runnacles don't hang up your gear yet I want more fun I will bring the Ralgex.
            Mike

Comment

Bring on the Ralgex!

Gear has been on and off that peg like nobody's business in recent time, Mike.
              Not sure (still) whether it's on or off at the moment .............. and I have used and re-used the same cheque for my entry to three meetings so far this year ........... will it be third time "lucky"? Adrian is hoping so!!

As you say, it's all been too much fun to give it up that easily ............... and if you're coming back, then so must I. Let me know when and where, please. Bring plenty of Ralgex.

Incidentally, I do hope you're not linking me with the ungentlemanly behaviour alluded to in this thread .................. ?

John R #461

PS Apologies to Mr. Administrator for taking this thread even further "off-piste".
              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 10/05/2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Butler

Dear Brian
                I rode my TES at the Wight 2 Day trial, yesterday.

A young lad called Tristan Robinson rode a 1964 Butler 250cc very successfully.

He would like to complete his excellent restoration with the correct colours, do you know of anyone with a colour pic?

best wishes

Adrian

Comment

I have one somewhere, but who knows what the correct colour was??? I think bright red was popular, similar to the colour that DOTs used. See my pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I rode my TES at the Wight 2 Day trial, yesterday.

A young lad called Tristan Robinson rode a 1964 Butler 250cc very successfully.

He would like to complete his excellent restoration with the correct colours, do you know of anyone with a colour pic?

best wishes

Adrian

Comment

I dont think Butler had any particular colours, I remember a mate of mine had one back in the day it was black frame and white tank. I think Chris butler is still around, he would be the person to ask. Had his factory in Haverhill and also produced fibreglass parts for motorcycles (some for Greeves I believe) as well as cheapo dolphin fairings under the Butler - Supershells brand marketed from 'Manleys' High Street, Barrington Cambs all the rage on cafe racers back in the day. I think Chris lived there at the time.
                      Some pics of Butlers here http://www.bsaotter.com/the_butler_t...als_bike..html
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 26/04/2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I have already posted 2 different pics in answer to this in another medium. I had the Black frame one and one that Red all over. BTW, Mr Butler made far more out of building yachts than he ever did from our game!

Comment

Working...
                        X