Bearing dust covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing dust covers

Does anyone know where you can get hold of new ones of these taper bearing dust cover, stainless would be nice

There are a couple with the correct outside diameter but wrong internal

Bearing dust covers

Dos anyone know where I can get these bearing dust covers as they may be suitable for me.

Comment

Bearing dust covers

Me too! Would like the similar ones for the tin hub wheels as well please if anybody has any ideas.
      Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Hi, could the centre be turned larger on a small hobby lathe??................starider.

Comment

Originally posted by starider View Post
          Hi, could the centre be turned larger on a small hobby lathe??................starider.
          The whole thing could be made easily on a centre lathe from solid bar. But if you use modern sealed bearings these are not needed, they were used to hold felt seals which then became contaminated with water and rust which then ruined the bearings
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 29/04/2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I have required some for years and keep repairing the old ones! i would have thought that Villiers Services would have done them, but No each time i ask Steve?

Comment

Now available at a very reasonable price for both covers, well done to the GRA member who got them produced, now get buying

Comment

Headstock bearing covers

Thanks for pointing these out Tony. Now if we could just get him to do the wheel bearing covers I'd be delighted!
                Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

Working...
                X