GRA facebook page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRA facebook page.

Without getting peoples backs up, can i ask why the GRA has not got its own facebook page, ( aside from the greeves page } only i see that most clubs/trading companies etc, have there own pages.
    Seems to me to be the best way of introducing fresh people into the club & spreading the word to vastly greater audience?

Dave, I believe that most club and group pages, certainly the ones I follow, are closed groups that require an administrator and moderators. You need to find someone prepared to run it first. Good luck with your search! Dogsbody

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
      Dave, I believe that most club and group pages, certainly the ones I follow, are closed groups that require an administrator and moderators. You need to find someone prepared to run it first. Good luck with your search! Dogsbody
      Fair comment, but i was not searching, merely asking a question!

Comment

Hi Dave, I think the answer is they should have. As pointed out lots of clubs have Facebook pages and it is a good way of sign posting to your club site. I suppose with the Greeves Enthusiasts site it would muddy the waters, however not a reason for having a GRA Facebook page.

Comment

OK to have a Facebook page as long as it highlights the GRA Forum for serous discussions to take place. Otherwise it could lead to further reduction in forum contributions. Unfortunatly Facebook has lead to the decline of many club forums.
          One downside of Facebook is that it does not have threads and trying to find a particular posting can difficult. you also get a lot of one word or line posts and 'faves'. Posts also drop of after a period of time.
          Problem is there will then be three separate Greeves sites. One solution may be to combine the Greeves Enthusiasts page with the GRA

Comment

You echo my thoughts Tony, the greeves enthusiast site & kennys, nicholson motors are very popular & draw a wide range of discussion.

Comment

I for one being a committee member , would like all of you who post on here and on facebook ,! who must have lots of stories regarding the time that they have had Greeves Machines ,and the sports associated with them to get in touch with John Henry our editor to let all the club readers share your viws and anicdotes.

Lets see if you can help out with your club mag , as without input from you all , what are we to do???

Comment

Working...
              X