Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris in waiting.....

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
    Perhaps if we imported some of these fearson beasts, they wouldn't run away when asked to do their jobs......
    ...no, probably not....but I'd strongly suggest everyone else does......

Don't worry Brian.....I heard a rumour that Boris is odds on to be the next PM....

Yes indeed folks.......be afearson.........be very afearson....

(...did somebody mention bearings.....)

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/06/2016, 06:14 PM. Reason: ....bearings mentioned in post....

Comment

The Emus did win! Apparently their migration numbered some 20,000. So scary the Aussie army was called in to fight them off with machine-guns. Different world then, wasn't it? Try Googling it.

Website quote:

"The machine-gunners’ dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated. The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month".

(With apologies to thread-starter Tony)
      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 28/06/2016, 08:25 AM.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

They're HERE......!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
        The Emus did win!

(With apologies to thread-starter Tony)
        Colin....of COURSE they won!!

I've been trying to warn everyone for years, but no one ever listens to me....

If Boris does get in, this means they will have infiltrated the most important position in British Show Business....sorry, I meant British Politics.....

I think we should ALL be afearson, and then some.....

Meanwhile.....in an effort to appease Tony, who's splendid thread was overrun by Emu's which I'm certain will have caused him much mirth and chagrin (!), here you go mate....pic #2 should get me off the hook.

(PS It is a well known fact that a BMG .50 Cal round is useless against an Emu.......even an RPG just tends to annoy them.....I don't know what the answer is, I really don't.....)

bRiAn.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 28/06/2016, 09:58 AM. Reason: Pics and extra Egnaro-ness added...!

Comment

thread????

Originally posted by tony View Post
          07087X/07210X NTN Imperial Taper - 22.23x50.80x15.01mm

http://www.qualitybearingsonline.com...50-80x15-01mm/

07087X/07210X Timken Imperial Taper - 22.23x50.80x15.01mm

http://www.qualitybearingsonline.com...50-80x15-01mm/

Both same price which is best?

or QBL (Quality bearings online do their own brand ÂŁ7.00 cheaper - not sure as I have not found any reviews on them
          i thought this thread was supposed to be about taper bearings? call me a miserable sod if you want, i don't care, but you've all hijacked a thread, and posted utter drivel. moderators are supposed to weed this sort of thing out, but no, they join in! now, i have a good sense of humour, but if i was doing a search on taper bearings, i would be most peed off, to find this rubbish amongst the search.
          any legitimate member, is entitled to post what they want, just do it separately, and entitle the thread drivel, so others, and there are several, can avoid it.

Comment

Oh dear.....

Originally posted by Terry View Post
            i thought this thread was supposed to be about taper bearings? call me a miserable sod if you want, i don't care, but you've all hijacked a thread, and posted utter drivel. moderators are supposed to weed this sort of thing out, but no, they join in! now, i have a good sense of humour, but if i was doing a search on taper bearings, i would be most peed off, to find this rubbish amongst the search.
            any legitimate member, is entitled to post what they want, just do it separately, and entitle the thread drivel, so others, and there are several, can avoid it.
            Terry....a few points if I may.....

Firstly, everyone involved in the drivel on this thread are friends, and I think I can safely speak for all of them in saying that we would never dream of posting said drivel if it was going to upset the original poster or 'contaminate' the actually helpful and useful info imparted. On that point, I fail to see how this has happened in this thread, as the info is there for all to see and use.

Some of us have spent an incredible amount of time and effort to provide helpful and useful information on this forum (and beyond!), for the benefit of Greeves enthusiasts everywhere, and all of the drivelers on this thread are very much among them. So perhaps you can forgive us if we indulge in a bit of light hearted banter along the way sometimes, and just ignore it if it's not to your taste, or feel free to join in if it is!! I fully appreciate that humour is subjective, and I may not laugh at your jokes either, but it shouldn't stop you from posting them if you so wish....I'm sure I will probably even read them, as you have mine....(and I didn't 'make' you read them, now did I...)

Finally.....here's a few of my more 'useful' threads for you to look at, if you can be bothered....Perhaps you might consider contributing something yourself along similar lines Terry, instead of moaning at those that do for having a bit of fun with it all now and then......

....and that is just a very small selection, and doesn't even begin to include the help I've given to many members privately.

Still... you can't please all of the people all of the time....

Brian.
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 28/06/2016, 01:17 PM. Reason: Links attached.....(just a few....!)

Comment

oh dear, moaning

I'm not moaning, this is an opinion, my opinion. if the contents are not to your liking, don't read it if you see that I'm the poster. i am an active member of several forums, mainly engineering, which I've been working in all my life + musical instrument forums. on these sites, hijacking threads for what ever purpose, is frowned upon, & i agree with that, an opinion that I'm entitled to, as everyone else is. as for contributing, I'm doing that now, at least it's given you something to 'moan' about, as well as your 'friends' when, and if they read the post.

Comment

Just curious....did you look at any of my other threads Terry....?

Brian.

Comment

threads

yes brian, i did, and you are to be applauded for giving out this info. if i had been in need of it, i would have appreciated receiving it, as no doubt many others have done, so well done to you, and everyone else who help others, but this was not about whether i appreciate this fine forum. i hope your curiosity is satisfied. regards

Comment

.....just one more question Terry....as an ex pro guitarist of many years I'm wondering what instrument do you play?

Brian.

Comment

instruments

that's interesting. as we all have, i've had loads. for the last ten odd years, i've made my own, mostly strat style, from mostly ash, and alder, maple for necks. also build my own amps, and now building a second dumble clone. how about you?
                      i'm horribly aware that this should all be in a different place threadwise.

Comment

Twang!

Honestly Terry...what are you like eh.....?? Hijacking threads and taking them off topic....I dunno....what are we gonna do with ya....??

See...it's catching on this forum.....and we are fairly relaxed about it (within reason...), as should you be.....don't worry Terry, it's all good fun.

Here's a couple of threads you might enjoy......(note, posted in the 'correct' area of the forum.....)

Brian.
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 28/06/2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

muso

didn't know there were so many musical people on here.
                          yea brian, will relax and lighten up a bit re. threads. no offence intended to anyone.

Comment

None taken dude!

Gotta go to work now, but maybe pick up some guitar stuff later.....

Brian.

Comment

now, about these bearings

Comment

Thread Bear(ing).....groan!

...yes mate, where were we.....

Here you go then bud, here's a few more for you....!

(PS Sorry about pic #2 Tony, it just kinda slipped in there all by itself....)

Brian.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X