• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did someone mention pipes......
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's one I 'made' earlier.......

....out of some old Villiers bits and a left-over Ajax kart barrel.....

Note; The 'bowl' is mounted on a taper roller bearing for easier filling, so this post is 'on topic', and also note the emu oil reservoir (which also keeps this post on topic...) for that 'special' added aroma.....

bRiAn.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 24/06/2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Emu Oil Drought.....(did someone mention Emus....)

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
        Afraid I've used up my complete stock of Emu oil Dave, so I've taken to drinking copious amounts of Elderflower champagne(non alcoholic).
        It's done nothing for anxiety, but has worked wonders for the halitosis.
        Hi Adrian,

I'm mortified to hear that you have run out of 'the good stuff'.... This will not do, and I cannot bring myself to simply stand by while you are having to 'make do' with that rubbish Chicken Oil....

So, with that in mind, if you need a fresh supply I will publicly state that I'm prepared to 'take one for the team' despite the obvious risks to my already unstable emotional, physical and mental well being that the extraction process will no doubt cause me, not to mention the psychiatric bills....

Besides, I have a new tranquilizer gun to try out and the vets have assured me that the dosage they have supplied will actually work this time, even on Boris......goodness me, I do hope so.....

Right! I'm going in lads......I may be some time.....

bRiAn.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 24/06/2016, 01:19 PM. Reason: Pic of Boris weighing up his options attached......

Comment

My Brian, just be careful out there, I wouldn't want anything amiss to happen on my account. If it's been tried on Boris then heaven help us . Is there a known antidote.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
            ....out of some old Villiers bits and a left-over Ajax kart barrel.....

Note; The 'bowl' is mounted on a taper roller bearing for easier filling, so this post is 'on topic', and also note the emu oil reservoir (which also keeps this post on topic...) for that 'special' added aroma.....

bRiAn.
            Ahh! the old ajax 6 stud model with reed valve induction, for a far better smoke!....
            played havoc with the old dental care though, especially with our feathered friends, just goes to show...you should always clean your teeth....especially after a good halfzware shag........
            Attached Files

Comment

Total Disaster......

My Brian, just be careful out there, I wouldn't want anything amiss to happen on my account. If it's been tried on Boris then heaven help u . Is there a known antidote.
              Well Adrian, you were right.........Yes, with the inevitability of a major international incident every time Boris goes to the hair salon, it all went down the plug 'ole.....

Firstly, I omitted to read the wording on the box that the tranquilizer gun came in...you know, the bit where it CLEARLY states 'DANGER - USE UNDER ADULT SUPERVISION'...Predictably, you might say, I shot a dart into my foot during the loading procedure and ended up in a coma for 9 1/2 hours.....Strangely though, I awoke quite refreshed. In fact, it was probably the best kip I've had in ages....

Having got to grips with the correct handling procedure for the tranquilizer darts (Jockey Wilson Tungsten Tipped, #2 Flights....) I finally managed to get Boris in the cross hairs and let fly.....direct hit!!!.....and all it did was make him a bit more irritable than usual (I didn't believe that was even possible...!).....no effect....nothing.....he just carried on chewing on the old fridge I'd put in his pen to distract him, then he lit up another fag and gave me 'that' look, just like he always does in these situations.....

Just wait till I see that vet.......but in the meantime it looks like like you'll have to make do with that rubbish Chicken Oil mate.....unless Dave will let you have some of his 'special' Dutch 'baccy o'course....

PS Regular viewers will note from the attached pic that Boris has had his hair done....again.... Honestly, the amount of hair products that bird gets through....but I guess he just likes the taste....

bRiAn.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 25/06/2016, 10:09 AM. Reason: Pic of Boris having a 'Condor Moment' attached'.....

Comment

Meanwhile, back to the main topic of this thread.....

......as a bit of an experiment, I decided to get one of those bearing thingies that you technical blokes go on about for Boris to have a play with.....I think the bloke in the shop said it was one of those 'Wonder Blend' ones for a Norton crankshaft (whatever that is....) or summat.....

....less than an hour later this was all that was left of it....

The moral of the story is...listen to Dave folks, he knows where to get the quality stuff from....!!

bRiAn.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 25/06/2016, 10:25 AM. Reason: Pic of Boris's snack attached....

Comment

Jesus Brian, Boris has made a right mess of that bearing. Did all that black stuff come off his teeth after smoking all of Daves Dutch baccy samples!

Nice perm, by the way.

Comment

Barnet Adjustment.....

Nice perm, by the way.
                    ......just don't let Boris hear you say that mate....

I gotta say at least it's a better 'look' than the failed dreadlocks he was rockin' last week.... That's the effect Dave's 'baccy had on him..... Just say no kids....!!

Brian.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant Brian, don't know how you come up with it all. What an imagination you must have, no wonder you can't sleep, I shouldn't think there are many dreams, just nightmares. Or is the dark side limited to this medium only.

Comment

Just to add a hint of reality back to the thread the attached pic shows the business end of the two extractors I made to remove the outer races from the head stock. In each case a suitable weight hammer was required on the opposite end to aid their removal.
                        While the first required a lathe the second used only a hacksaw and file and took about 10 minutes to create.
                        Apologies for the quality of the shot but I struggled to get it down to a size suitable for the site.
                        Can't begin to imagine what Boris might have to say about them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Dr D is in da house...!

Brilliant Brian, don't know how you come up with it all. What an imagination you must have, no wonder you can't sleep, I shouldn't think there are many dreams, just nightmares. Or is the dark side limited to this medium only.
                          Who says I'm making it all up.....??!!

Strangely enough though, that question is exactly what the bloke in the white coat asked at me weekly appointment the other day.....I just told him 'the voices made me do it'....

Glad it made you laugh mate, that's what it's for!

Brian.

PS I showed Boris your picture but he seemed rather indifferent....I think it's because he prefers to eat old fridges.... Me, I think it's how an excellent engineer goes about solving an old Greeves problem, with the appliance of science. Nice job mate!

Comment

On Quest last night a caption came up before the ad break saying that in 1932 Australia declared war on emus.

I take it they lost..?
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

The Great Emu War.....A Histeric Perspective.

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                              On Quest last night a caption came up before the ad break saying that in 1932 Australia declared war on emus.

I take it they lost..?
                              Now Colin....I wasn't going to mention this for fear of upsetting readers of a squeamish disposition..... This awful conflict is seldom spoken of due to the terrible consequences of long term exposure to Emu Oil that was suffered by so many brave young men and women during those dark days...

However, it did manage to make the front page of the Melbourne Advertiser at the time, despite the complaints from the readership.....

By far the worst engagement occurred at The Battle Of Rooty Hill in New South Wales, but the events of that day are best left shrouded in 'the myths of time'.....(copyright JW)

Boris's great great great grandfather was actually a Colonel in the opposing forces, pictured here (pic #3 below) on the eve of The Great March To Wongybongo, which to this very day is the single largest gathering of these horrible creatures ever recorded. It must have been a terrifying sight to behold.....

For the record, credit is due to our Adrian for starting all this back in 2011 (no...not the war....!!), and his valiant post alerting us all to the properties of Emu Oil and the subsequent health & safety warnings which followed. Purely in the interests of academic research, here is a link to the 'infamous' thread where it all began (I'm very happy to say!! )

Goodness knows we could all do with a bit of a chuckle at the moment.....

Topics relating to Greeves designed and manufactured engines and engine parts - use the machine subforums for discussions that relate to bikes as a whole.

bRiAn.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/06/2016, 05:17 PM. Reason: Pics attached.....

Comment

Perhaps if we imported some of these fearson beasts, they wouldn't run away when asked to do their jobs......

Comment

Working...
                                X