Nametab Engineering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nametab Engineering

I have just intercepted this message from Steve Gollings via FaceBook.
    Hi, just to let everyone know, we have taken over all the spares etc from Simon Bateman (Nametab engineering) this week. We will be continuing with all his karting mods etc.
    Simon was due to move units and he wanted to move on instead of set up again.

Looks like VS have now cornered the Villiers spares & engine rebuild market. There will be lots of disappointed customers of Nametab

Comment

Don't know about that; I was in VS yesterday, getting a new trials tyre and cable kit, and Steve told me all about the acquisition of Nametab. He has always been more than helpful to me when sorting out and improving my '58 Scottish. Not just a matter of him making more money out of me, either. He is, I believe, as much an enthusiast as the rest of us and his charges are very reasonable. Just speaking as I have found.

Comment

Not sure that Steve Gollings has Simon's engineering skills!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          Not sure that Steve Gollings has Simon's engineering skills!!
          Sorry to hear this news, but john....can you enlighten us all on what grounds you base your assesment of steve gollings engineering skills........

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Sorry to hear this news, but john....can you enlighten us all on what grounds you base your assesment of steve gollings engineering skills........
            You just need to look in my Auto Husky gearbox!

Comment

Sad news indeed

I got a letter through the post today from Simon telling me of his sell out to villiers services..

I think many a challenger/griffon rider who owe a whole load of thanks to Simon for keeping there bikes on the track..

His crank conversions are brilliant and his remanufactured parts are of good quality..

I have also dealt with Steve Gollings for the last 15 years or so, he is a top bloke that also has gone to great pains in remanufacturing parts etc for villiers and Greeves. Simons stock and contacts are in good hands. I am sure Steve will be dealing with the engineering jobs in due course.

There are also other good people out there, Terry Sewell TDS Classics, Dave Harper also rebuilds Greeves engines as does Geoff Nunn. And Paul Powell cotton/villiers who I can vouch for.

There's also norton villiers but I have never used them so can't comment..

Time will tell.....

Scott

Comment

Scotty - agree with you Simon has been a real star working in my Dad's MDS and my two griffons over the years - always good quality engineering - a pleasure to deal with - and particularly good at taking on "special" one off jobs - even re-manufacturing alloy liners and getting them nicosil plated
                ..............My Dad will miss dropping off and picking up the engines as well - Simon always had time for both of us..............

Oh well things move on - and as you say Steve is a top bloke as well.

Comment

But I need my main bearings done. Who do I ask now?

Comment

This is unfortunate. I sent an Alpha full circle crank to VS at the beginning of March, and am still waiting for it. They keep fobbing me off, but it seems at some point they sent it to Alpha, who just haven't sorted it. If I had known; and I was given no idea of the likelyhood of this delay; I could have sent it to Simon, who would have done it himself. Now, we have little choice.
                    As a result, I have had this engine stripped on my bench for the last 6 months, unable to start anything else, thinking any day the crank will arrive. I am now thinking I may never see it again.....

Comment

A message on a DOT related FB page suggests that Simon will be selling stuff at the next Kempton Park event. Perhaps a visit might be in order!

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                        But I need my main bearings done. Who do I ask now?
                        Craig there are good engineers around ..... Key is getting the Griffon sleeves from Villers services ( ex Simons stock ) .... I will also talk to Rich Hsywsrd as his engine builder is top notch ... And get u s contact

Comment

Hi Craig and Kim..

Richards engine builder is indeed one of best in the business.. I know because he also preps mine and my Dads motors, as far as I am aware though Kim he is not taking on new customers..

I would try Greg Radley there is not much he does not know about building a good two stroke...

Scott

Comment

Sad news

I heard about Simon at Euro-jumble and was very surprised and saddened to hear this.Simon's skills are not easily replaced and a great guy to deal with, much thought had gone into his Villiers modifications. I would like to wish him well for the future what-ever that is.

Comment

Originally posted by anglian man View Post
                              I heard about Simon at Euro-jumble and was very surprised and saddened to hear this.Simon's skills are not easily replaced and a great guy to deal with, much thought had gone into his Villiers modifications. I would like to wish him well for the future what-ever that is.
                              I was wondering how best to contribute to this debate. I would thoroughly endorse the above.
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                              X