rubber knee pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubber knee pads

Does anyone recognise what knee pads will fit the tank I have? - the length of the bracket is 175mm and the ends are about 5-7mm off the tank

whats under the tank badge GREEVES. as this may be a hint.

whitehillbillies

Comment

Originally posted by whitehillbillies View Post
      whats under the tank badge GREEVES. as this may be a hint.

whitehillbillies
      Nothing only 2 holes according to this pic!!!!

Comment

The tank looks the same as on my old James Captain trial I made up several years ago out of a roadster frame. I just cannot add the picture I have.

whitehillbillies

Comment

No luck so far

Well at least someone has a vague idea, I sent a photograph to NSMB and to a few other well known companies who did not recognise the tank. You would have thought with the wealth of knowledge out there some one would recognise where it originated I have just sent an email to Jeff Hunter as they produce a range of knee pads so fingers crossed

Comment

Looks like a James tank like this one

Comment

Maybe?

Thanks - I think it is similar, but not the same - no centre seam. According to the James Owners site jeffalanhunter@aol.com stock knee pads - I sent a picture to them yesterday which should help confirm one way or the other.
              Last edited by tony; 07/02/2013, 01:40 PM. Reason: Accurracy of content

Comment

Knee pads

Tony

Just a thought on your quest for knee pads. Those fitted to Triumph Tiger Cubs (Roadster, 57 to 67) are held on in a similar way. The Triumph logo would also look pretty cool at the same time.

Regards

Phil

Comment

Does that say "Greeves Adventurer" on that tank badge? If so how cool is that!

Is it a TR5T engine then?
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Greeves Adventurer

Yes it does say Greeves Adventurer, registered as a Greeves 500 with DVLA
                    The engine is a late 1971/2 T100C, the last version of Triumph's highly successful 500. Probably a little pretenious putting Adventurer on the badges, but thats what it will be.

Comment

Adventurous

I can't see the picture personally but agree that the Adventurer name is most apt. Your bike will probably see more miles than most TR5T models.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                        Yes it does say Greeves Adventurer, registered as a Greeves 500 with DVLA
                        The engine is a late 1971/2 T100C, the last version of Triumph's highly successful 500. Probably a little pretentious putting Adventurer on the badges, but thats what it will be.
                        Same engine, just a higher state of tune. Best lump you could have chosen!
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

I got knee pads here in Australia, just after market blank pad to suit the James Tank. Bike is looking Great.

whitehillbillies

Comment

Working...
                          X