Vulcan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulcan

Probably last chance to see the Vulcan flying this weekend.Northern route Saturday, southern on Sunday.
    Britain led the world in aircraft design in the mid-20th century. The Vulcan, with its technical innovations and jet fighter-like agility is a testament to

Well worth the time, icon of engineering and flight. The book on it's Falkland missions is incredible, the planning to refuel is staggering- the refuelers had to be refueled!
    Dogsbody

vulcan

would not miss this for the world!!

Comment

Riding the TFS at an Eastbourne club trial tomorow. The Vulcan is scheduled to fly over where the Trial is, at Rushlake Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
        Probably last chance to see the Vulcan flying this weekend.Northern route Saturday, southern on Sunday.
        Britain led the world in aircraft design in the mid-20th century. The Vulcan, with its technical innovations and jet fighter-like agility is a testament to

Well worth the time, icon of engineering and flight. The book on it's Falkland missions is incredible, the planning to refuel is staggering- the refuelers had to be refueled!
        Dogsbody
        I first saw (and heard) this incredible plane in the 1950,s when it was our major deterent when my father took me to the Norton in Sheffield air show.I then took my son to the Finningley air show to see it around 1990. It was almost a suicide mission at the Falklands as they voted to carry on even though they hadn,t enough fuel and were not guaranteed a refuel.

Comment

Greetings chaps! Keen as you were to see 558 one last time, I rode my Scottish in a trial near Stroud and then returned via Staverton (ie Gloucester Airport) and waited for it to appear. Worth the wait, as ever!

Comment

Went to see it one last time at the infamous Shoreham Air Show. All I saw was the blazing remains of the Hunter on the A27 and the Vulcan doing a U turn and disappearing. A very sad day for historic flying in more ways than one, not to mention the tragic human cost.

Comment

Working...
            X