Ranger fork ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger fork ears

My latest acquisition has had the fork headlamp brackets removed.
    Does anyone know what other marques used these types of headlamp brackets?
    Maybe Bantam or something small and two stroke?

Thanks - I have some Triumph ones and I think the area around the bolt hole is bent at angle compared to the Greeves on which is straighter.

Comment

Tiger cub

These Tiger cub ones look pretty close and maybe they were what was originally used?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-STEEL-...item3f392dccc3

Comment

Not sure if there are any drawings, there does not seem to be much Ranger information, perhaps someone in the know will have an idea

Comment

Hello Tony,
          I have a road going Tiger Cub, if you need any measurements from the brackets.

Best regards,
          Mac

Comment

Thanks Mac, I will have a measure on Friday and post the dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
              These Tiger cub ones look pretty close and maybe they were what was originally used?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-STEEL-...item3f392dccc3
              I wouldn't be surprised if they were Tiger Cub ones. The headlight fitted to Rangers was the same as a Trials Cub.

Comment

Fork ears

I'm not positive but I believe that Greeves bought the ear pressings in from Royal Enfield, I don't know which model.
                Colin at CW Classics made me a few pairs, Paul Collins fitted 1 pair to his ISDT Challenger and seemed happy with them. Colin may be prepared to make some more given sufficient interest.
                Druid

Comment

Thanks Druid, I have spoken to Jason at CW Classics and he was going to speak to his dad about them - I wait with bated breath for a response

Comment

Attached is a photo the replacement headlight ears that I fitted to my ISDT Challenger - under the layers of paint was the weld where someone had cut off the originals. I really like them - thanks Druid and Kenny
                    Attached Files

Comment

So do you know what make those brackets are? They look right

Comment

Sorry- I don't know which manufacturer produced them. I sourced the headlight ears from Druid so I presume they were from CW Classics.

Comment

Working...
                        X