nylon washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nylon washer

Having just read an article on front forks/metalastic bushes it indicates that there should be nylon washers in place (see attached scan) I don't have those any idea anyone as to just where I could get some. Any help would be appreciated.

Bunners
    Attached Files

um

Well I guess they are not available then.

Comment

Nylon washers

A few years ago friend asked me to make some, I presume they were unavailable even back then. From memory I think I used some Nylon 66 bar and machined them out.
      Have you got the dimensions? if so, and I can find the bar I could probably knock out a set.

Druid

Comment

nylon washers

I tried the nylon washers 25 years ago. A complete waste of time, money, and effort. Despite setting it all up, I couldn't get it to work in the full range of wheel movement.

Comment

Nylon washers

It was another of the tips in an article 'The Griff on Greeves' published in The Motorcycle in 1963 (see Brian Thompsons post) http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=3119

Seems like the washers were like the headlamp clips, useless. I wonder how many of the other tips were of any use
          Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/08/2014, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Nylon Washers

I agree with you Phil, unless you are restoring to show I wouldn't bother. I removed my washers as with all the mud and grit over the years they had seriously worn the steel fork blades. Never noticed any difference except the grinding scraping noise had gone when you push the the loop up and down...John P.

Comment

thanks

Thanks chaps for all the replies, very new to this Greeves stuff, so reading the responce I think it advisable to give them a miss.
              Thanks
              Bunners

Comment

Working...
              X