26 Threads per inch 9/16" nuts wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 Threads per inch 9/16" nuts wanted

I need rear wheel nuts for my Greeves that has an oddball thread of 26 threads per inch not the normal 20 threads per inch for my 9/16 inch spindle.Does anybody have any please?

Stuart ,

Haven't got any 26tpi nuts but have at the back of my mind that James & Francis Barnet used them .

Chris

Comment

Fastener Suppliers.

Hi Stuart,

Here's a few numbers you can try;

'Surplus Supplies' (stainless fasteners, etc.) 01636 636735.
      'Discount Stainless' 0161 286 1534.
      'Acme Stainless' 01526 861991.

Good hunting!

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
        Hi Stuart,

Here's a few numbers you can try;

'Surplus Supplies' (stainless fasteners, etc.) 01636 636735.
        'Discount Stainless' 0161 286 1534.
        'Acme Stainless' 01526 861991.

Good hunting!

Brian.
        Thanks for the info gentlemen.In future I will start by making sure that I have the spindle nuts before rebuilding the hub and fitting new rim,spokes,tyres,tubes Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Comment

26 tpi is cycle thread and 20 tpi is unf, If that help's when enquiring/ordering from suppliers

Comment

UNF varies with diameter of bolt , 9/16 unf is 18tpi .

The spindles in British hubs are 20tpi cycle thread . The only different one is for the Ceriani spindle nut & that is 14mm x 1mm pitch .

All cycle threads are either 26tpi or 20tpi for all diameters .

Chris

Comment

hi stuart

NOOKIES NUTS (google it) they supply bags of already plated nuts and bolts

Comment

9/16 Nuts

I have just seen this posting. if you haven't got fixed up yet, I may be able to make you some nuts. I have 9/16 X 26 BSCY taps and have made several sets for members of the FBOC. I will need a drawing showing the dimensions. Nothing fancy, just rough will do, and I will see what I can do. No charge for this, but enough to cover the cost of materials and postage would be appreciated. Email me at christopher.turner@tiscali.co.uk rather than post a reply here so I get your message quickly. Chris

Comment

Well done chaps, really good to see the forum being used for what it is intended! Helping each other!

Standby for a re-designed GRA website but the forum will stay as it is (may just make it a bit more obvious how to join the Club at the top of the page).

I've gone off topic so might have to take myself into a darkened room and take a sound beating!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    might have to take myself into a darkened room and take a sound beating!

Cheers,

Rob
                    Any excuse...
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                    X