2T wiring harness plug and socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2T wiring harness plug and socket

Does anyone know of a source for these? I've just noticed on the ebay section of the GRA site that one went in May for over £30. Are they that rare????

Thanks,

Frank

2T wiring harness plug and socket

Not available new as far as I know, the socket (engine part) is realitively easy to obtain secondhand, lots of old 2T engines about, but the plug is very difficult to find. If you have the engineering ability, a hacksaw, files, drill etc you could make one out of a piece of tufnol or plastic. The pins are similar to the Lucas bullet conectors. Again you could make them on a lathe. The rubber boot has been dealt with on here before, an industrial plastic boot can be adapted. Frankly Frank (no pun intended) unless you are pedantic about looks its a good idea to do away with the old plug & socket & use a more modern connector. The old Villiers ones can give poor connections which result in ignition & charging problems.

Comment

2T wiring harness

Dunno if this is of help,but a chap in Chesterfield makes generic harnesses,(appro 45 pounds,before I left the UK,2 yrs ago),. I don't remember his details,but he advertises,(--ed!),in Old Bike Mart,mag.
      If you get really stuck,I can probably dig the info out from one of my old papers.Let me know if you need it.
      Best of luck,
      Les

Comment

Harness

My father had one made for his james superswift and the guy was a lucas employee and the guy also braided it original coulours as well ! with all the plugs for WIPAC £60

gary

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very much for the information, chaps. The reason I ask is that while doing a rewire on my 25DB I found that the socket only had five connectors instead of the six specified on the wiring diagram. It was obvious that something was wrong, as the battery would not charge. ( I'll have to get round to taking the flywheel gubbins apart to see what has happened to the wiring from the coils.) The plug bit has long gone, and the wires are just pushed into the holes, albeit with bullets on them. If any body reading this has a six connector socket (and plug) please pm me.

Thanks once again,

Frank

Comment

Plug & Socket

Vehicle Wiring Products do these Multi-connectors which include a 6 way.
            only £1.11 each (plus p&p of course) http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.e...connectors.php Maybe one half could be fitted into engine casing with silicone sealer, if not seal the cable where it exits casing & fit the connector in line between the engine unit & where the wiring goes into bottom of tool box. Not a neat as the original but it gets over the problem with a good quality modern connector.

Comment

Plug & Socket

Thanks for that, John. I'll have a go at that. I've already thought of a dodge to make it look tidy.

Comment

Working...
              X