Can anyone identify this bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this bike

Can any identify this bike that I had in the 1960's. I thought it was a Norman but looking at pics of various Norman models this does not look like a Norman frame. Engine is a 125 Villliers 12D. Probably a collection of bits bought for a few £'s in those days. Is it a Francis Barnet frame

Bantam'ish?...........starider

Comment

Originally posted by starider View Post
      Bantam'ish?...........starider
      No not Bantam as it would have been pre D7 and the D1 & D3 had differet rear end, as I recall the engine fitted correctly into the frame, the Bantam mountings are much narrower that Villiers. I had it listed as a Norman on original photo but have no record of the number. Maybe a model not included in the book Villiers Singles and Twins

Comment

Just received this comment from John Harding on the FB forum, which I think is about right

The frame looks FB, but the only FB frame with the angled shocks and the sharp triangular frame rails where the shocks mount is the Scrambles Model 72 frame ?
        exhaust, tank, wheels,Metal Profile forks etc all look Norman, but the curve of the saddle tube is not ?
        engine appears to be a Villiers 122 10D
        so would guess it started out as a Norman and had a frame swap ?? possibly with a FB model 72 ?

Comment

Working...
        X