No announcement yet.

Targeted Bike Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the Cambridge News has published an address now....

Comment

Targeted bike theft

The report in Cambridge News http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news...bikes-13876385

Comment

Such a shame - I notice that the bikes were kept in a barn which is probably not the best place (possible remote from house, with easily forced locks). These days unfortunately assets have to be protected with everything available - alarms, CCTV etc.

Comment

As the article says Mike Hobbs is the chairman of the Anglian section VMCC. (and a past GRA member) He starts runs from there so lots of people know of his collection, he used to open up the sheds for members to view the bikes. Not a good idea, not saying that VMCC members went back and nicked his bikes, but people talk and the word spreads, could have been the result of an overheard conversation in a pub.

Comment

On a positive note, I am pleased to report the recent return to its rightful owner of a DOT trialler stolen 6 months ago. It turned up for sale at yesterday's Kempton show and was recognised by two friends attending, who alerted the local Constabulary. I cannot commend highly enough the response of Surrey Constabulary for sorting this matter so effectively and efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
              On a positive note, I am pleased to report the recent return to its rightful owner of a DOT trialler stolen 6 months ago. It turned up for sale at yesterday's Kempton show and was recognised by two friends attending, who alerted the local Constabulary. I cannot commend highly enough the response of Surrey Constabulary for sorting this matter so effectively and efficiently.
              Good result John & very lucky it was still in one piece. I hope the Surrey Police are going to prosecute the thieving scumbag who was trying to sell this at Kempton, he should also be named and shamed and banned from future shows and autojumbles.

Comment

Not sure that the vendor was the original thief, John. Apparently he had documentation to show his purchase from another party.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                  Not sure that the vendor was the original thief, John. Apparently he had documentation to show his purchase from another party.
                  But he was in reciept of stolen property and should have done a HPI check on it to see if it was stolen. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Comment

Yes, and funny that he was trying to flog it off at Kempton so soon afterwards

Comment

Great result! I hope that justice will be done!!!!

Comment

I'm happy. This just leaves it to the Police to tie up the loose ends but can they afford to give it the priority we seem to think it deserves?
                        Just leaves it for me to say a sincere Thank you to all for keeping an eye out for the bike since I reported its disappearance last June. Recovery is down to my friends in the genuine biking fraternity, especially Josh Gibbons and Aimee Phillips who were manning the DOT Club stand on Saturday.

Comment

Brilliant result and can I add a reminder to all that all frame numbers and engine numbers should be recorded, so the eagle-eyed amongst us are able to spot anything that goes missing! Those unfortunates that report their bike missing and add just the reg number are not likely to get a result.

Comment

Brilliant news indeed

Father and myself were there on Saturday..

I did see two Police officers walking along with Aimee and wondered what was going on... indeed very vigilant of them to notice the stolen bike..

It's made my day to hear you have been reunited with your DOT John

Comment

Working...
                            X