Feb OBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb OBM

Nice full page article from Colin regarding Greeves Trail bikes. Well done!

Yes nice piece Colin, puts Greeves in the picture. Just a couple of points though, the TFS trail did not have a dual seat, and from records I have it looks like both 32A and 34A engines were used. Of course this was only the bottom half which was virtually identical to both types, the iron 32A (road/trials) & 34A (scrambles) barrels were discarded in favour of the alloy trials barrel & head.
    Ironically on pages 14 & 15 Steve Cooper reviews the 1969 Suzuki TS250

Comment

I agree, a good article Colin. Mind you, it does look as though the mudguards and rear rack on the Ranger in the bottom right picture are off something else!

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
        I agree, a good article Colin. Mind you, it does look as though the mudguards and rear rack on the Ranger in the bottom right picture are off something else!
        Front mudguard also too long and rear number plate and light not right. The seat is also mounted too high at the back. Frame No is 24SC180 owned by a GRA member
        This is the pic
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 23/02/2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

You are of course right about the TFS Trail seat - as the photograph indeed illustrates.

The pictures are simply illustrations - I just uncritically used what I had available.

It was done in a bit of a rush as I needed to catch the Feb OBM deadline.

I do my best, so please don't start writing to Pete Kelly telling him how useless I am. I need a bit of credibility.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
            You are of course right about the TFS Trail seat - as the photograph indeed illustrates.

The pictures are simply illustrations - I just uncritically used what I had available.

It was done in a bit of a rush as I needed to catch the Feb OBM deadline.

I do my best, so please don't start writing to Pete Kelly telling him how useless I am. I need a bit of credibility.
            Not to worry Colin, blame it on 'editorial licence', editors often change or shorten text to fit space (not that that happened in this case) One club magazine editor (not LL) I write for takes it upon himself to rewrite a piece often leaving out words which makes it nonsense.
            I am sure at least some TFS trail bikes were fitted with a dual seat knowing Greeves
            Do you know the reg/frame number of the Ranger in article with long mudguards, I assume its one here in the UK as has an old tax disc showing
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/02/2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Greeves TRS....?

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
              Not to worry Colin, blame it on 'editorial licence', editors often change or shorten text to fit space (not that that happened in this case) One club magazine editor (not LL) I write for takes it upon himself to rewrite a piece often leaving out words which makes it nonsense.
              ...so what's a Greeves 'TRS' then John?.....never come across one of those before .....or was it just 'editorial licence'.....?

Brian.
              Attached Files

Comment

Whoops, duly corrected (TFS) thanks for pointing that out

Comment

Working...
                X