Moorland Blue Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorland Blue Paint

I have a small tin of, what appears to be, Moorland Blue paint that was in a box of parts that came with my Challenger. I have not opened the tin yet, but a shake reveals that it is still liquid. Is this worth taking in somewhere to have replicated? And if so....being that I am in the US....does anyone know where I should take it to have that done? I know that the discussion of Moorland Blue has always existed, so perhaps its not relevant but if it is helpful maybe I could have it accurately replicated and share the resource with the other members? I know nothing about paint beyond that it tastes very good...

The motor trade here will mix you a paint to any match, presuming the paint is still viable, i.e. not solidified and separated. Look for a local body shop and ask them if they can do it, or where they get their paints from.

Comment

Arghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you have opened the tin!!! it may be liked boxed Dinky Toys, and would have made a fortune with the likes of Bonhams at Auction??? better add some sugar and save it for Chrismas this year Grinnnnnnnnn

Comment

This could be the Greeves holy grail - an (almost!) unopened tin of original Moorland Blue! The mysteries of the shade (or one of many!) finally unlocked! I think the GRA should send the Chairman to the US to investigate (I believe something similar has been done in the recent past by another motorcycle club so it won't be setting a precedent, honest!)

Comment

and as it is so highly prized perhaps I can unselfishly offer my services as security on the trip - all expenses paid of course

Comment

Well at least now I know that this is isn't one of those high-brow stuffy vintage motorcycle groups! I have had the tin cryogenically frozen and stored at great expense....with instructions for the person that finds it years from now on how to register and post to this forum.

Comment

Working...
            X