Seeking information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking information.

Hi everybody, new to the club and am seeking any information to do with my newly aquired TE24 Greeves. First registered 04/04/1963. Origional reg no:
    8540 PJ. On an HPI check previous colour was black. Origional plate was taken off in 2001 now on an age related plate. I do know that it was despatched to Commerfords from Greeves.
    Any info would be apreciated.

Was on eBay in July http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ghlight=8540PJ

Comment

Typical Comerfords plate! My TES is xxxx PH, apparently they asked for this type of plate or shorter pnes. This bike was one of a batch of 4 TE's delivered.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. Am I to take it that my bike was one of four sold to Comerfords? Is there any way that I can find out if it was ridden as part of the Comerfords ISDT team and if so who the rider would have been?

Comment

The "Comerfords ISDT Team" used the previous year model Challenger for several members of the British Trophy Team, with a 4th bike ridden as the "spare parts" bike. Various other bikes were modified by Comerfords and/or their staff for others to ride, one particular bike being SOO 56D as ridden by Mary Driver.

Comment

hi i am trying to find imformation about an essex twin with a simular reg nr 9195PJ that i owend in the late sixty's. can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
              hi i am trying to find imformation about an essex twin with a simular reg nr 9195PJ that i owend in the late sixty's. can anyone help me?
              Its on SORN
              Vehicle make: GREEVES SPORT TWIN
              Date of first registration: April 1963
              Year of manufacture: 1963
              Cylinder capacity (cc): 250 cc
              CO₂Emissions: Not available
              Fuel type: PETROL
              Export marker: No
              Vehicle status: SORN in place
              Vehicle colour: BLACK
              Vehicle type approval: Not available
              Wheelplan: 2-WHEEL
              Revenue weight: Not available

Last MoT tested 20/10/14 at
              HOGWOOD GARAGE LIMITED
              UNIT F WELLER DRIVE
              HOGWOOD IND ESTATE
              WOKINGHAM
              RG40 4QZ tel 0118 9736020

You could phone them to see if they know the owner. I dont have it on my survivors list (but have added it) Looks like it is with an elderly owner who has stopped riding. The last owner change was on July 2014
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/10/2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                Its on SORN
                Vehicle make: GREEVES SPORT TWIN
                Date of first registration: April 1963
                Year of manufacture: 1963
                Cylinder capacity (cc): 250 cc
                CO₂Emissions: Not available
                Fuel type: PETROL
                Export marker: No
                Vehicle status: SORN in place
                Vehicle colour: BLACK
                Vehicle type approval: Not available
                Wheelplan: 2-WHEEL
                Revenue weight: Not available

Last MoT tested 20/10/14 at
                HOGWOOD GARAGE LIMITED
                UNIT F WELLER DRIVE
                HOGWOOD IND ESTATE
                WOKINGHAM
                RG40 4QZ tel 0118 9736020

You could phone them to see if they know the owner. I dont have it on my survivors list (but have added it) Looks like it is with an elderly owner who has stopped riding. The last owner change was on July 2014
                Many thanks for the info, i've seen the 2 photos on your link do you know when they were taken,before or after it was restored?

Comment

Larry. Its a 25DCX 'Sportsman' NOT a 25DD Essex. The pics were up loaded by me in Feb 2015 first pic was obviously taken earlier and the second one after restoration had started. It was not being restored as a DCX as lots of bits were missing. I do know who owner is and will send you a PM with his contact details.
                  The pic below shows it partly restored in 2015, the tank is off a lightweight AJS
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 31/10/2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Did you get in touch with owner Larry? or having seen the pics have you not bothered as it looks like the bike has vastly changed since your ownership. Some things are sometimes best left as memories.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                      Did you get in touch with owner Larry? or having seen the pics have you not bothered as it looks like the bike has vastly changed since your ownership. Some things are sometimes best left as memories.
                      no i have'nt had time as i am coming over to England tomorrow but i will get in touch. I must say the bike looks completely different now i have a photo somewhere when i find it i could send it over whatsapp. The bike had a silverstone tank a single seat chrome headlight and a small screen when i had it.

Comment

Working...
                      X