Chain Guide Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Guide Required

Has anyone got the rear chain guide bracket that is fitted by two bolts to the swing arm on a Tes/Tfs ,/ i think it may be the same length also on the Scramblers as well? as i keep looking for one as Captain Mainwaring has a Mountain of work to climb already, before making one Dicky

Hi Dick I need one of those as well for my 20TC so if you get 2 offered to you remember me .
    Simon

Comment

Mainwaring here .............. !! Just back from Founder's Day and the GRA stand. One new member and a few bits sold. Not sure what in total yet as I'm now tending to a few drawing and forum matters picked up whilst up there! Dave McGregor let me have a go on his rather good Anglian in the arena trial but I fell off before I got into the actual arena! Now making Dick look quite a steady rider in comparison!

TE, TES and TFS all have the same chainguide, part number M19/X70. The only problem is that there isn't a drawing in the file!

I'll whip the one off my TES and make a drawing from that. Must be possible to make one easy enough.

Ah! Just spotted Simon wants one for a TD - that's part number M15/X70 and there is a drawing. It's only a bit of bent 2" x 1/8" with a couple of holes in it - will be interesting to see the TD / TE difference.

Mainwaring
      (Knackered)

Comment

Chain guide

Rob I have a copy of drawing M19/X70 if you like I can post you a hard copy for file , the guide I need is for a 20 TC not TD are they the same?
        Have put photo of drawing on here .
        Simon
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Mainwaring here .............. !! Just back from Founder's Day and the GRA stand. One new member and a few bits sold. Not sure what in total yet as I'm now tending to a few drawing and forum matters picked up whilst up there! Dave McGregor let me have a go on his rather good Anglian in the arena trial but I fell off before I got into the actual arena!
          That bike of Dave's that you rode, Captain, is a 24TJ Wessex. Some ingenious mods on it. Did you like the super light clutch action?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Glad all went well Captain , had to have some more stitches in the old hand as it opened up yesterday glad when it heals up, i bet you are well and truly knackered after the Running the the garden show etc,and also doing the stand as well with Colin.
            I see you are still being persecuted at home by Paul with his videos!! will ring you later Mate.

Comment

Simon, the TC has a TA part number, M5/X70 so that should make it easier. I was blasting one this morning down the farm. I'll go and get it and have a look and see how they compare.

I can see a spotter's game coming on here, spot the difference between all Greeves chain guides! Another mystery, the TE parts book lists a M25/X70 guide and not a M19. I wonder if the M19 was superseded, it rather looks like it?

Sorry to hear you are still under repair DD, at least no motorbikes were involved so Matron won't be cross!

Comment

I win Round 1!

I have now found a M5/X70 drawing and a M15/X70 for the TD. The difference is a 1/32" reduction in offset from the swinging arm bracket. So there!

I can't find a M19/X70 drawing so if you could email me a scan Simon, that would be great, thanks!

Now let me see, who was it who started this thread??!!

Ah yes, of course ......

Comment

Rob sent scan of drawing so you can see if you can spot the difference.
                  Simon

Comment

A solid billet one will be next!! Grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

or just plain steel

Just went round a friends and we () made a few spares

Last edited by tony; 05/08/2017, 08:59 AM. Reason: copied image address

Comment

Great !! you certainly got moving on that project Tony, i will bring the one i have just to compare as well, see you in the Marque at Popham. thanks Dicky

Comment

Working...
                        X