Beaford Bike Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaford Bike Meet

A wet ride to Beaford bike meet (55 mile round trip) in aid of Devon Air Ambulance. Good turnout, a few classics, an early Bantam and a few Bonnies, only one Greeves. A bit different was the comment on the Orange Ranger, always amazed at how many riders had a Greeves before moving on to the big stuff.
    The bike ran really well touching 60 mph following a Harley who could not get round the twisties as well as I could, so no problem keeping up. Only issue was one bolt vibrated out that holds on the exhaust heat shield , a bit of Locktite on that one for the next ride.

AJS pulled up next to me, nice name, shame about the bike

Orange beast

That's a really nice bike Tony, it's a credit to you.

Comment

After weeks without serious rain in Norfolk/Suffolk, we're beginning to forget what mud looks like! Great to see your Ranger doing what was designed for. Pretty much the first purpose-built trail bike, wasn't it?

(Apart from the TFS Trail I guess...)
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks Terry, I had a lot of help on the way
        I think it must be up there Colin in being one of the First Trail bikes. Does ride well particularly with the uprated Falcon shocks, silky smooth. It could do with just a bit more grunt for larger roads but for small ones - marvellous

Comment

Working...
        X