Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 inch handle bars

Hi all,

I am looking at handlebar options, would like to use renthal fat bars but they are 1" 1/8 and the originals are 1". Would they squeeze in or just damage the yoke?

Other that that what is everyone else using?

Thanks David

Fat bars no good way too low and won't fit
    Most use either originals or Renthal 7/8 enduro bars ( I have lifters on mine to raise bar height

Comment

Would be a good idea to tell us what bike and how tall is the rider. No way to use 1 1/8 bars in clamps designed for a smaller bar, just asking for damage.

Comment

Handlebars For Scramblers....

Hi David,

Following on from Kim's helpful advice, there's lots of useful info covering handlebars for scramblers, particularly original scrambler fitments here on this thread; http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...ead.php?t=3273

There's even more info on this thread as well, including factory drawings/specs and information sheets for original Greeves handlebars, but as I posted it in the 'Member's Only' area of the forum you'll need to upgrade to see it; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...ead.php?t=4737

Also, it's worth saying that with Renthals (back in my old Leicester days we used to call 'em 'Refnuls'....) of any type, it's important to ensure that they are the right size for the mounting holes, as the other Brian said, and that there are no sharp edges/'corners' on the mounting blocks and top yoke so that nothing can bite into the alloy and weaken them. In the past I've gently stroked a file round the edges of the all the 'holes', just to make sure.....

Deforming or cutting into the tube at the mounting point(s) means that's where they'll crack/bend...or worse......not really a good thing on a race bike, or any bike come to that..... I've seen it happen, not on my bike though.....

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/03/2017, 11:53 PM. Reason: Additional text.

Comment

It's a greeves griffon 380 1969 with ceriani 1 inch clamps.
          I'm about 5"11 and looking for mx bars.
          Just after some advice. I did try searching the forum for Handlebar topics but couldn't find any at the time.
          David

Comment

Take advice from Kim, he's similar height and on the same bike....some of the time!

Comment

Try these Mr Webby.
              I use them on my Griffon.
              Don't tell Kim, I need all the advantage I can get.

Comment

I bought some new 1" inch bars at the last AGM, I cannot remember who was selling them though. They need a 1" inch throttle as they have not been swaged to 7/8' inch for the standard size throttle
                The other pair have the 7/8" inch reduction for the throttle.

Last edited by tony; 14/03/2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Anything is possible for members Dave, you know me

Comment

Thanks all for the reply,
                    I decided to go for risers and 28mm adapters for fatbars!
                    ill have to sort out my membership and upload some pictures soon!

Comment

Looking forward to it !!

Comment

Working...
                      X