Dating an MX6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating an MX6

Hi guys, i have finished rebuilding the MX6 i got off fleabay and have been accepted to ride Red Marley which will be her first outing, i thankfully have time to put a couple of gallons through her before the big day.
    I found 3/69 stamped on the gearbox casing which would point to her being made in 69 and as everything that tries to get up Red Marley has to be pre 1970 thats ok. Question, in the unlikley event of being asked to verify the bikes age is there any records of Challenger MX6 build dates ?

build dates for mx6

Hi stace
    if you let me know frame engine @ gearbox numbers, I may be able to help

Dave

Comment

Stace Good luck with your HOT date with the MX6 at Marley !

Comment

Could be tricky, the factory dispatch records which the club holds only cover machines sold in the UK. The 24MX6 was a USA-only model.

However, the MX6 is definitely pre 1970.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Gearing

Thanks for the input guys, i have sent invacar a pm with my numbers. The bike is on original factory gearing 15/54 for desert racing i suppose, it might be a touch tall for red marley but it should be fun.. i hope

Comment

Have a chat at Red Marley with Ian Bain he will give you a few tips and helpful. hints.

His speed is incredible up the hill, he knows how to set the bike up a treat, and some ingenious tuning to say the least

Comment

Hi,Stace,not sure if you got my email.If not please send another pm.

Comment

Working...
              X