Arbuthnot trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbuthnot trial

Four well known GRA riders at the Arbuthnot trial (from facebook)
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing John! I almost look happy!

Comment

Thanks John, that was at the halfway stop at the Golf course, ! surprised they let us in! Happy faces then, that was before all the antics kicked off, involving trips into the undergrowth headlong into brambles , mud, rocks etc, and that was not in the sections either, a great long ride and fun company made the 70 plus mile event enjoyable even if i took till Wednesday to recover from the aches and pains, 10am till 5pm ride all day, cant have a much more rewarding adventure

Comment

Yes, this really is a fun event with a wonderful collection of bikes including a load of Greeves! Although it is a trial, there are only 8 sections but tons of great off-road going. Unfortunately I had a funny 5 minutes and fell of 6 times in quick succession! Every time I got into 3rd gear I got crossed up and was summarily chucked off into the brambles and stingers! I completed it by falling off on a hill climb section and fell down the various rock steps to the bottom!

However, Dangerous Dick did it all in one prang! He was high-sided off a bank in the very last section and fell about 6 feet down to the track. There was a loud noise as his crash helmet hit a rock and for a moment I thought he had hurt himself. Then I realised he had landed on his head and therefore done no damage! If he had landed on his backside, it could have been a very different story!

Must admit, that probably explains why it took him 3 days to recover! Think he needs to get out and crash more, ne never did have a problem with this!

All this fun for £25 compared to a bit of practice and 4 10 minute races for £300 a weekend road racing!

Comment

Working...
        X