No announcement yet.

Griffon QUB rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have cleaned up the head but still looks like the best/worst big end failure I have seen.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
      Nice one craig, is this the alloy tank qub, that you are going to put back to factory colours? or is this the sandglow model?
      Hi Dave, I think this is the sand glow model judging by the original side panel but can't be sure??
      Attached Files

Comment

Daughter helping clean front wheel after engine fitted
        Attached Files

Comment

The QUB is starting to take shape, next job is to strip and clean carburettor and sort out the sparks.
          Attached Files

Comment

If u`r southhampton based, are you gonna be riding it in the south west, then if so, we are gonna run into each other at some point...

Comment

Lucky to have a nice original set of fork yokes sitting on the shelf. Maybe even keep the air conversion already carried out on the forks???
              Attached Files

Comment

I have just fitted this new fangled electronic gadget thingy (original equipment). What ever happened to good old fashioned Stef??????
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                  If u`r southhampton based, are you gonna be riding it in the south west, then if so, we are gonna run into each other at some point...
                  I better get my plastic mudguards on for that one then

Comment

Very well used gear cogs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cogs!

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                      I better get my plastic mudguards on for that one then
                      Ha!!!! Like it Craig! Trust you'll be joining in the festive fun this year mate? Your sense of humour will be a welcome (no, MUCH!) welcome addition to all the madness. Keep 'em peeled mate, you'll know it when you see it....

Brian.

Comment

Just ignore him brian........he`s taking the p**s out of my mudguards........

Comment

The Twilight Zone.....

....never mind that mate, we've got troubles of our own......

Comment

Dave,
                            Not taking the Michael about your pretty plastics. I have two lovely mudguards I can give you, they might be different colours but if you use plastic then you won't worry about lack of style
                            They are from this Petty guy who must also have been tired of bashing out good honest alloy after a decent race meeting.
                            I have included a guarantee which should last at least one race meeting against they mighty Griffon I am building.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Wow Brian, troubles of epicentre, big bangs indeed. What about Plastic boy?? Should I give him the Preston Petty's ???

Comment

Very kind offer craig... but i wouldn`t want to break up your collection....., but it almost seems inevitable now that we must do battle next season....
                                If i win...i`ll be humble in my victory... if i lose...it`ll be an ignition problem, beyond my control....
                                Any way, hurry up & get it finished...i`ve done mine....

Comment

Working...
                                X