Caption Competition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caption Competition!

OK chaps and chapesses, let's see who can come with the best caption for this splendid shot of Dave Bickers, proving he can ride most anything!!!

Have fun!
    Attached Files

Blimey, I didn't think Church Lane, Thundersley was that steep!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Don't you know the gravity of the situation Colin?!

Ha ha, good one...! Haven't you ever seen someone ride a unicycle up a wall before Colin........?! And what's even more amazing is DB is actually riding up backwards too....!!!

PS Yes it's a pain it downloaded that way, and I tried all I know to fix it...any ideas mate? I reckon it's because it will only upload 'landscape' as that's the 'default' set on here. Same thing happened with my 'Greeves Art' uploads....B***er!
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/08/2010, 10:41 AM. Reason: More pathetic excuses!!!

Comment

He can ride anything on any amount of wheels!

Thanks Brian! Amazing!

We have a black and white photo of Bickers on I belive it's a Bickers special, the round back swing arm...(too lazy to hobble downstairs with the peg leg..LOL) anyway, its framed and hung on the all with before and after pictures of the Greeves and along with the Malcolm Smith autographed picture of the Greeves post restore!

Bickers never seizes to amaze me, we've watched hours of his footage and have many of his pictures...a genious with anything on any # of wheels!

Thanks for all your work Brian, we appreciate it!
        Tammy in KY

Comment

My pleasure Tammy!

Now...how about coming up with a caption then???!!!

Brian.

Comment

Image orientation corrected (at last!)

Yipee! I've finally beaten my laptop into submission and discovered how to rotate the images correctly!

The problem was that although I'd rotated the images correctly in my 'PMB file' ('Picture Motion Browser', a Sony feature, and where I upload my digital pictures from my camera), when I upload any of them on here they come from my Windows 'Pictures file', where the PMB images are also stored....This is what caused my confusion, and once I realised that any rotations I had applied in the 'PMB' file (to correct a landscape image that should have been in portrait form) had to also be applied as an additional procedure in the 'Pictures' file, joy was unconfined!!! I thought any corrections made in 'PMB' would be automatically applied to 'Pictures'.....! Not so, obviously..!

Anyway, let's try this again! Here then, is Dave Bickers riding his unicycle as it should have appeared the first time.....! Does anyone have any ideas for captions then....?!

Brian.

PS I've also corrected the orientations of a few of the images I uploaded in my 'Greeves Art' thread, if anyone wants to check them out. Click this link to see them;

Attached Files
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/09/2010, 08:36 PM.

Comment

"Ruddy Stonebridge! Bert always lets him have the best bits - look what I'm left with!"
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

That's two good 'uns from Colin now! Any advance on that folks?

How about this, with the classic Country and Western song in mind;

"Ya picked a fine time.....to leave me, loose wheel.....!"

(Sorry...!)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                  That's two good 'uns from Colin now! Any advance on that folks?

How about this, with the classic Country and Western song in mind;

"Ya picked a fine time.....to leave me, loose wheel.....!"

(Sorry...!)
                  FANTABULOUS! Thats it Brain....now I am going to thank you ahead of time for that song being stuck in my head the next few days at least...especially since we are headed of to a show in Cincinnati..."The British Bike Club of Cincinnati"...can't wait. We were invited out when they saw "Eleanor" at vintage motorcycle days in OH...said they "didn't have any Greeves in the club"...so ya know we had to join and can't wait to give them a show this weekend! I will think of yall and smile as that song races through my head at the most perfect inappropriate moments! LOL! Thanks Brain!Tammy

Comment

Hiya Tammy!

Hey you're welcome for the song...!!! (heh heh!) Besides, I've 'suffered' for my music you know.....now it's your turn!

And yes, I have had to play both kinds of music...i.e. Country and Western (but only for money!!!)

By the way, who is BRAIN......???!!!

It's B R I A N !!!! (...but I'll take the compliment!)
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 23/09/2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

caption

It'll never sell in the states Bert.

or

DB Tests Missing-Link suspension

or

DB was less than impressed by Berts latest design

or

Another Church Road disaster

or

We need more speed Bert

Comment

Inspired!

Ha ha!!!! Nice one Phil!

I think my favourite has to be 'DB tests missing link suspension'...! (but they're all great!)

Genius!

Brian.

PS I have a few other pics in the wings that would be ideal for more frivolity of this nature! I think it'd be great if we can continue to mix the 'serious' stuff with a bit of fun like this occasionally. Goodness knows, these days we could all do with a good laugh now and then...

Thanks Phil!
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 23/09/2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

(Breaking News) "Bickers signs as Works Rider for.....................UNIPART!"

Comment

More!

That's what I'm talkin' about....!!!!

Keep 'em coming chaps!

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                              Hiya Tammy!

Hey you're welcome for the song...!!! (heh heh!) Besides, I've 'suffered' for my music you know.....now it's your turn!

And yes, I have had to play both kinds of music...i.e. Country and Western (but only for money!!!)

By the way, who is BRAIN......???!!!

It's B R I A N !!!! (...but I'll take the compliment!)
                              IT IS DEFINITELY A COMPLIMENT, born from a typical "brain fart"...lol, no offense, and as far as my brainfartitis goes, that was a mild one! Do ya feel the love?? I still say your saying is the best so far! Thanks and have a good one!
                              Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X