Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Founders Day 2017 - Last Sunday...

VMCC Founders Day 23rd July 2017

The VMCC Taverners’ Section is again hosting their excellent Founders Day event at Stanford Hall. The GRA will have a stand there and all are invited to bring Greeves motorcycles along to join in the display (any model, any condition, welcome).

There will be plenty of room, so no need to pre-book, just turn up and support your club. This really is an excellent event with one of the best bike jumbles you’ll see anywhere and events going on in the arena all day.

Stanford Hall (postcode LE17 6DH) is at Stanford on Avon in Leicestershire. It is accessible from M1 Junction 18 or Junction 20, M6 Junction 1 and A14 Junction 1.

With the alterations at the M1/M6/A14 interchange I don’t think it can any longer be reached from M1 J19. The show opens at 9.00am.
    Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 25/07/2017, 09:59 AM.
    Colin Sparrow

Oh well, if no-one else is going to mention it, we had a good day at Stanford Hall on Sunday, with just one shower (of rain that is, not assorted GRA members...).

Signed up several new members and dispensed "wisdom" to quite a few more. And that's probably the best "proper" bike jumble these days with lots of old parts on offer and very few WD40 sellers.

We had half-a dozen Greeves off-roaders on the stand and had room for a good few more - where were you all?

Anyway thanks to everyone who helped out on the stand and to all that came to chat.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Well done all of you for flying the Flag

Comment

... and why weren't you there Dangerous? Anyway, I made up for your absence by falling off Dave McGregor's Anglian in front of the commentator before I even got into the arena. Handlebar hooked on a rope stake - whoops! It was worth it because it brought me to the attention of one of the 'gang' who I hadn't seen for 40 years! Yes, he did comment that some things never change!

It was a very good event, well worth attending and has the potential to bring in a few of our more northern members who moan that the GRA is a southern club!

The Club is wherever you make it!

As Colin says, there was an excellent autojumble. I don't think the bitsa Greeves trials bike sold at £3.5K - wonder why? Yes, there were plenty of optimists trying to flog utter junk only fit for the bin and if I say that.... !

There were plenty of stalls offering good items at a fair price too though. Add that to a great club stand, completed by a round of the Krypton Factor putting up the gazebo and a good time was had by all!

Comment

Speaking of the gazebo, we have now fully got our heads round assembling and erecting it. It's perfectly straightforward but you need at least three people to do it.

The Krypton Factor occurs when too many people try to help.

Anyway it belongs to Mike Norris. Mike, you'll be glad to hear that it served very well and (with military assistance) was carefully packed away dry. I'm going to the next committee meeting (October?) so I'll return it to you then.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X