Haywards Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haywards Wheels

Just picked my Griffon rear wheel from Haywards Wheels .. Now sorted and ready for the new season .
    Highly recommended for classic wheel rebuilding

Cheers Kim

I'll bring my laser device to the first event and we can see if anyone has got any dodgy rear wheel alignment!

Comment

See you at Marks Tey

To do a job lot service - you could walk along the back of the Greeves championship start line : Just keep an eye on the flags you may have to move quick .

That was a good tip though Brian - I got one as well. My Griffon rear is all in line on equal notches of the snail Cams - BUT my Montesa Cappra VF414 - with a very log swinging arm is out of line - 5 notches offset.

Comment

Good tradesman.

Thanks for bringing this service to the gra`s attention kim, i have seen some of richards work & looks very professional.
        I know everybody thinks their wheel builder is the best, but as i`ve said before on the forum, its nice to support the guys closest to home...ie members!
        So good luck to Haywards wheels & lets hope our members choose to use his services, next time they have a problem with their round things.......

Comment

Haywards Wheels.

You summed it all up perfectly there Dave, nice one.

Great to see a long standing and highly respected member able to offer his skills and services to other club members, who are all delighted with the craftsmanship and value for money they receive as this thread clearly demonstrates.

It's people like Richard that are the life blood of the sport, and richly deserve all the support they can get.

Brian.

Comment

Very handy for me, and I have a number of wheels needing building over the next few months. First off will be a couple of Ossa wheels which need re-spoking, and then theres the ISDT bike, a couple of vintage crocks... the list goes on.

Particularly useful for me that Richard has started this business as my last wheel builder sadly passed away a while ago.

Cheers,
            Andrew

Comment

Good luck Richard

I'm sure his wheel building will be as top notch as his machine preparation..

Well done Kim for starting this thread.. Also my Dad wanted to thank you for your season review in the leading link

Being a Greeves man should be a great asset in rebuilding Greeves wheels...

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                Very handy for me, and I have a number of wheels needing building over the next few months. First off will be a couple of Ossa wheels which need re-spoking, and then theres the ISDT bike, a couple of vintage crocks... the list goes on.

Particularly useful for me that Richard has started this business as my last wheel builder sadly passed away a while ago.

Cheers,
                Andrew
                You have an ISDT bike Andy!....well you kept that one quiet...........
                Are going to update us on it soon.....

Comment

It's been on here Dave, perhaps you were too busy at the time!

Comment

Thank you all for your encouraging comments I really appreciate it
                    Andy z I think we used the same wheel builder Malcom Simmons his passing is one of the reasons I started this business.

Comment

OK Richard, if you promise to stop slaying Griffons I will give you (at the race on 27th) two sets of wheels to fix. Both will need new alloy rims and all the usual bits. One set for a Griffon, one set for a B50MX.

Do we have a deal ????????
                      All it will take is a simple stall at the start line or even an easy slide off at the first corner.

Comment

Well I can't promise I will take a dive but I can promise I won't slay griffon's as I am riding one now!!!!.
                        I can definitely do your wheels though see you on the 27th and we will have a chat

Comment

Nice one Craig

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                          OK Richard, if you promise to stop slaying Griffons I will give you (at the race on 27th) two sets of wheels to fix. Both will need new alloy rims and all the usual bits. One set for a Griffon, one set for a B50MX.

Do we have a deal ????????
                          All it will take is a simple stall at the start line or even an easy slide off at the first corner.
                          Craig don't forget to negotiate a no remount clause in the contract . )) Richard slid off with me at first corner at maylandsea ,last season , remounted dead last and still came in about 6th !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                            Craig don't forget to negotiate a no remount clause in the contract . )) Richard slid off with me at first corner at maylandsea ,last season , remounted dead last and still came in about 6th !!!
                            Good advice as always Kim,
                            I will go for the metal dust caps on the inner tubes, that should merit a no remount clause.

Richard, see you on 27th.

Craig

Comment

GRA Ordnance Dept.

Just to make certain Craig, you could always fit some of these.....

Note that they come in colours suitable for Griffs......

(With metal dust caps, make sure they have 0-rings inside and don't forget the smear of copaslip on the threads.....)

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                              X