Greeves Riders Association Forums   Greeves Riders Association Forums Not signed up? Send an email to contact@greeves-riders.org.uk requesting access.
Find out more about GRA membership and how to join here.

Go Back   Greeves Riders Association Forums > General forums > General Greeves chat

Old 10/08/2017, 01:16 PM
GRA Member

Default Terminological Inexactitude....

Page 9 of the current Leading Link has a photo of the Team line-up outside the premises of Comerfords, the SW London dealers. The caption is obviously incorrect in that it should say the 1963 SSDT Team, rather than ISDT Team.
For those not fully versed in the difference, the ISDT (now ISDE) was and is a more Enduro based event and the bike have to have lights. The SSDT is an Observed Trial held in Scotland where many riders will have wished that they had have fitted lights!
I hope to be visiting the ISDE in France this year and will be taking photos with the "Vintage" event as my specialty. I don't expect to see many Greeves there unfortunately!
Old 11/08/2017, 06:40 AM
GRA Member

Default Comerfords Line Up

The rider 2nd from left is Roger Davy not Roger Davis. Still around and always at Kempton Park Jumbles, also still about is Peter (Jock Wilson)